CFL buds

I have seen pictures of your grows and seen some awesome buds. What I would like to know is how dense are the buds compared to other light?

depends on strain.. i'v seen tighter buds come from good growers under cfl, than growers who dont care for their enviroment properly under hps.

that being said, my cfl bud normally comes out pretty solid.

not rock hard like some of my hps grows, but, to the point where you bust up a little bud, and are pretty suprized on how much it busts up to.

hps in the same conditions as a cfl grow, will almost always produce tighter bud.

Thanks for your honest reply. What cfls do you use in bud? I want to spot a couple of the sweetest colas from the side and am thinking hard about popping a few around

I used to use twin 600watt sunmaster bulbs and later on used philips greenpower ones both full spectrum and the bud were great every grow but keeping temps down in the summer is hard work and costs alot to cool/run.

I've just taken the dive on a twin sunmaster shade and two 300watt duel spec CFL lamps. so 600watts of CFL. gonna give it a go for a crop, so far just the low temps make the plants grow sooo much more lush for me, as in pert and green (vegging mother / making clones atm) but it's the flowering i'm worried about, i mite buy a 2nd shade and bulb set to add and maybe some cfls on rails for under lighting sides.

buckshot I would seek a few duel spec bulbs or one each about 27watt for just side lamping, I'm not sure the lowest watts they do but i always use duel spec bulbs with HID lights and choose the same for CFL. I know people use flowering bulbs only and it works but the sun always gives a massive spectrum wither it's summer/winter so i use both.

Once i'm finished I've do a log of my crop, I sold my whole set up not long ago and got a small personal set up now. 16pot DIY wilma system using coco/perlite etc using just the above said light. first crop with it is greenhouse seeds ''super cheese'' one mother 15 clones growing as personal stock.

I just started an indoor tent grow yesterday, have a few pictures now and will share the results in a grow journal, so we'll all hopefully gain from the experience. This is the first I've ever heard of a 300-watt CFL, though - what the heck does that look like? My 200W CFLs are the biggest that the light fixtures will handle.

I used to use twin 600watt sunmaster bulbs and later on used philips greenpower ones both full spectrum and the bud were great every grow but keeping temps down in the summer is hard work and costs alot to cool/run.

I've just taken the dive on a twin sunmaster shade and two 300watt duel spec CFL lamps. so 600watts of CFL. gonna give it a go for a crop, so far just the low temps make the plants grow sooo much more lush for me, as in pert and green (vegging mother / making clones atm) but it's the flowering i'm worried about, i mite buy a 2nd shade and bulb set to add and maybe some cfls on rails for under lighting sides.

buckshot I would seek a few duel spec bulbs or one each about 27watt for just side lamping, I'm not sure the lowest watts they do but i always use duel spec bulbs with HID lights and choose the same for CFL. I know people use flowering bulbs only and it works but the sun always gives a massive spectrum wither it's summer/winter so i use both.

Once i'm finished I've do a log of my crop, I sold my whole set up not long ago and got a small personal set up now. 16pot DIY wilma system using coco/perlite etc using just the above said light. first crop with it is greenhouse seeds ''super cheese'' one mother 15 clones growing as personal stock.

Thanks for that info Jimm, I have given the fixture to a friend who will need this information

Thanks again

I just started an indoor tent grow yesterday, have a few pictures now and will share the results in a grow journal, so we'll all hopefully gain from the experience. This is the first I've ever heard of a 300-watt CFL, though - what the heck does that look like? My 200W CFLs are the biggest that the light fixtures will handle.

The ones I saw were at Home Depot for around 17 bucks. I hope you have good air exchange in your tent because CFLs get hot.

Good Luck I hope I get to see some pics

Thanks for the post

knotty.jpg
just_plain_ole_damn.jpg

Used to use MH/HPs.. Tried a grow with T-5s, and think i'll stick with the T-5s

Hey Buckshot, sorry it took so long to update. My grow journal may be found on this site at:
Aardvark's New Grow 12 Hybrid Dutch Strains - Seed-SoG-Tent - 600W CFL Hydro-Aero-DWC

As far as the "600 watt CFL", I think the confusion comes from the actual versus rated output. My big 125 and 200-watt CFLs actually use that much power, while I believe you may be referring to the "Equivalent" output - like a 14-watt CFL bulb is the equivalent of a 60-watt incandescent bulb.. Since 23 watts in a CFL produces an equivalent of 100 watts of incandescent light output, a 600-watt equivalent CFL would have to be rated at 138 watts actual. Nevertheless, I can't find anything at the home stores rated at 600-watts equivalent.

Nick88, what is the strain and age of your plant pictured?

:peace:

Hey Buckshot, sorry it took so long to update. My grow journal may be found on this site at:
Aardvark's New Grow 12 Hybrid Dutch Strains - Seed-SoG-Tent - 600W CFL Hydro-Aero-DWC

As far as the "600 watt CFL", I think the confusion comes from the actual versus rated output. My big 125 and 200-watt CFLs actually use that much power, while I believe you may be referring to the "Equivalent" output - like a 14-watt CFL bulb is the equivalent of a 60-watt incandescent bulb.. Since 23 watts in a CFL produces an equivalent of 100 watts of incandescent light output, a 600-watt equivalent CFL would have to be rated at 138 watts actual. Nevertheless, I can't find anything at the home stores rated at 600-watts equivalent.

Nick88, what is the strain and age of your plant pictured?

Its Zensation from ministry of cannabis. The age is 8wks, hoping she finishes soon. She topped out at round 7ft after being topped at 7th node. Gonna try her in a scrog next time as the 1 plant would fill a huge screen by itself. Gonna put better pics up later, waiting on son to bring my damn camera back.

Nick, that's very impressive! Do you have a grow journal? I would like to know what combination produced such great results.
:thanks:

Zensation_8wks.jpg
Zensation.jpg
carnival_8wks.jpg
Zen_2.jpg
Bud156.jpg
Nick, that's very impressive! Do you have a grow journal? I would like to know what combination produced such great results.
:thanks:
There's a few pics of what i'm hopefully fixn to chop real soon.
I started them with T-5 6500 for veg. Then switched to a mixture of 6500 and 2700 for flower

Hey guys i have a question, i grew 5 plants last year under cfl's and they all turned out either male or hermi's, and i was thinking if i could be caused by the lighting and now im afraid to put my plant under these lights.

Hey guys i have a question, i grew 5 plants last year under cfl's and they all turned out either male or hermi's, and i was thinking if i could be caused by the lighting and now im afraid to put my plant under these lights.

Regular seeds may be any ratio of male to female per batch of 10 seeds etc & normally don't hermi...

Feminized seeds may hermi on you if grown under stressfull conditions or if strain is prone to hermi traits.

I really don't think any of above could be related to just a CFL bulb tho :peace:

I am on my first serious indoor grow using only 3 200-watt CFLs and I am seeing plenty of females at week 1 of flowering. There are a lot of different factors that could make a plant turn hermie, including the photoperiod and light leaks. If you have an indoor plant that was once confirmed female that starts sprouting male pollen pods one day, it might be localized, or all over. If there is anything peculiar about the grow, you might as well spill it here so we can get an idea of what may have gone wrong, but I can tell you that the longer the vegetative photoperiod is (past 16 hours of light per cycle), the more chance there is that the plant will turn out male. According to published sources, that is.

Well I guess I should look at my freak'in threads more often!! Thanks folks for all your pictures and input.

Hi everyone, hope everything is going good with your grows. I have a 26w cfl bulb with reflecter for the cola and two fl bar lamps for undergrowth with one 15w daylight fl and a red and black 13w fl. Which would be better in each lamp? Should I stay with the daylight or go red and blue spectrum? I also need more cfl for my cola region. Can anyone tell me where to get a 2 or 3 way splitter for a decent price? Thank you, happy growing.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom