Budmaster LED Panel

As some of you folks know I have wanted a Budmaster for a while. I got the Budmaster 405. I was not feeling well when it was delivered so I just opened it and was just going to have a look but when I saw the power cord I figured I would get the camera out and show you what I found...

This was what made me grab the camera an awesome power cable that screws on so there will be no connection problems ... but it is SHORT!!!! Dang folks these things hang on the ceiling!!!

DSC_8958_cord.jpg

And it comes with good hanging gear

DSC_8961_hangers.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the lenses. I had read that these lights needed good space from the canopy ... it is true. The lenses are very "tight"and shine straight down almost. I had to pull the light way up to get the coverage. I have just started to use it so I am out on how it works just yet but you can bet I will tell you.

These lenses are not the ones in the Adjusta-Clusta as I had suspected

DSC_8964_lens.jpg

DSC_8963_lens.jpg

Man your pics are so clean & clear, can i ask why this light and not one of the other thousands to choose from? Not sure if your into giving advise on buying leds? Are you happy with the lights your currently using? Is this light a sponsor? I could go on and on... thanks bro!

Man your pics are so clean & clear, can i ask why this light and not one of the other thousands to choose from? Not sure if your into giving advise on buying leds? Are you happy with the lights your currently using? Is this light a sponsor? I could go on and on... thanks bro!

Thanks GH! Starting at the end working back ... Yes these folks are a sponsor LED Grow Lights UK from Budmaster I don't know about the budmaster yet but I am happy with all the rest ... even "the red ones" in fact one of "the red ones" had an LED cluster problem and I was treated very well and got the issue fixed in the least intrusive way as I am in the flow now. I wanted the Budmaster because I thought it had the same lenses as my Adjusta-Clusta and the plants really love that light but they are not the same. The Budmasters light is extreme, I have pulled it way back and I am waiting to see how she does, until then I would say my fav is the Adjusta-Clusta (now no longer being made!) followed close by "the red panels" and the Helios (both really performing well) BUT I am still waiting to see how the Budmaster fits in (right now it is trying to bloom a tough plant) I will let you know soon!

My advice on LED is don't take any advice from me! Shit man I am still learning! :cheesygrinsmiley: but seriously I will have a better handle on it soon

Thank you for the reply Buckshot. So you have a Helios and the other is not to be mentioned, right? What else is in the category as the budmaster? What do you think of these: King Kong series, The NEW UFO 4 LED Grow Lights with high power CREE LED chipsets. Where does the helios stand with these panels? Sorry about all the questions, yes your learning but you've been paddling real smooth so far.

I realize you probably don't know the answer to my questions yet but when you do i'd be happy to hear.
cheers bro

The Budmaster is coming on strong (I just checked the ladies & gent) it needs a lot of room to get the most out of it as it really puts out intense light (I have some cool plans for this panel) what I really need to do is swap in a known performer and see how it does ... I am going to do that today!

OK so far I have had to move the Budmaster up and put the plants on the floor (I like the plants up higher because it is easier on me!) but it is worth it as they seem to be loving it now ... the main plant I have under it is unknown to me and has been very hard to grow and slow, I am going to swap that around today. I am gonna break out the camera too and get this documented with images.

Wow, checked out the stats on that budmaster, looks and sounds like its going to kick some ass. Man i'm getting exited for you! The ufo 4 from cosmicgrowth.ca looks like a good choice for me..?

I hope so!! The UFO 4's look great ... I think those lights are manufactured by the same folks that make the Helios.

Cool!

update

I have put a known performer right under the Budmaster. With a known plant I can tell better how the light is working. So I moved in some early girls an S4 or 5 Girl and a Blue Moonshine. I know them both and will be looking close. So far it looks good the ladies are looking right and seem to like the light. This weekend I will take some shots and post 'em

High Buckshot, Greenhouse.

I have recently laid hands on a Budmaster also. From the same source. A 180. That means 136 watts. I have a couple photos here that should make clear how these lights shine.
Budmaster_beam1.jpg
Budmaster_beam2.jpg

The lower photo is showing the beam shape at 4'6". Both photos show the light center 2 feet from each wall. The light is meant to be used way up there. Bonus, (not!), the distance from hook to face is 20". If only two of the hanger cables are used, it could be reduced to about 14", hook to face. The narrow beam is pretty strong. I have some seedlings going about 28" below the light. They don't seem to want to get any closer. I think this lamp would be best hanging from a lightmover. That would increase the small footprint and reduce the distance above the canopy to something more copacetic. I think, too, this lamp would like a friend to hang out with.

I wonder (out loud) if there might be the slim possibility that a wider angle lens might be available to swap for (some of) these deep penetration X-2 lenses.

At long last the Budmaster is in and lit. It has been in a while and at first I was confused by the plant I had under it. I swapped in two known performers and bang we are off to the races!! The blue moonshine and S4 Girl I put in are really taking off. They are stretching for the light and growing like crazy. I will be taking this room down soon but will post pics till the end ...

DSC_9034_room.jpg

High Buckshot, Greenhouse.

I have recently laid hands on a Budmaster also. From the same source. A 180. That means 136 watts. I have a couple photos here that should make clear how these lights shine.
Budmaster_beam1.jpg
Budmaster_beam2.jpg

The lower photo is showing the beam shape at 4'6". Both photos show the light center 2 feet from each wall. The light is meant to be used way up there. Bonus, (not!), the distance from hook to face is 20". If only two of the hanger cables are used, it could be reduced to about 14", hook to face. The narrow beam is pretty strong. I have some seedlings going about 28" below the light. They don't seem to want to get any closer. I think this lamp would be best hanging from a lightmover. That would increase the small footprint and reduce the distance above the canopy to something more copacetic. I think, too, this lamp would like a friend to hang out with.

I wonder (out loud) if there might be the slim possibility that a wider angle lens might be available to swap for (some of) these deep penetration X-2 lenses.

I like it just like this for the moment ... the ladies seem to love it

Hi guys! Nice thread!
Wow, the budmaster need a long distance from the plants to the led panel! :yikes:

Im a closet grower, and my main issues is usually hight and temperature.. Im going from HPS to LED and are trying to find a good LED panel producer, that i can buy from here in Europe. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Do anyone have any other recommendations on LED panels that can be closer to the plants?

:peace:

Today I went in to take some pics and ... the battery is dead. By the time it charges I will be too tired to process pics. While I am thinking about it I will tell you then document with pics. I put another plant under the Budmaster and I have been watching it close... I admit for signs of trouble :cheesygrinsmiley: Well I went for the cam today because the plant is doing great, lifting up and loving the light. The surprise is the old plant that has twisted most of her leaves toward the Budmaster! She has a few buds right under the light and higher than the new growth and I was watching those for bleaching (none) If my ladies love this light so do I :cheesygrinsmiley:

Re: Budmaster LED panel info and options for USA and CA market

Hi guys and gals

Just popping in to give some information and options about our Budmaster range.

First off thanks to Buckshot for doing these diaries he does an excellent job and we look forward to seeing his latest results.

Suspension distance:

The suspension distance is effected by the 60 degree lens which we have in place primarily for the UK and Netherlands markets where we grow them short stock and bushy, we found the 90 degree lens on these types of plants resulted in a lot of dead leafs at the bottom.

Too close = bleaching?
Not really the bleaching we have found is in other lights without a balanced spectrum, we have seen no bleaching so far in our tests and had none reported back, however this whole issue can be strain dependant so its gonna happen sometime. Too close = listlessness.

3ft is the general minimum we would recommend however you can have it a bit closer but your plants may get a little bit listless towards the tops and just really keep your eyes on your ladies twice a day to see if they are strong enough to cope with the extra light on their tops.

We always recommend 1m plus if you can do it as led grow lights work well at a good distance if the diodes are fresh this year, the Budmaster has epled and epiled diodes which are incredibly bright and of course good old reliable Bridgelux for the whites which really in our opinion cant be beaten in their class.

The suspension heights are only ever guidelines and we have to keep them close to the edge because in our experience so far most customers are tempted to put the lights very close as they give out very little heat and a pre double lens and this years leds you had to have them pretty close tbh.

90 Degrees for USA and CA
We are happy to offer these lights in a 90 degree lens for you guys and gals across the pond, it may take 3-4 days longer for your order as we have all 60 degree models waiting in the factory and would have to make a 90 degree to order, takes a while to put all them little lenses on the diodes :)

Anyway thank you for all your comments and dont forget to enter our competitions that we run on the website to win a Budmaster.

Anyway anyone need any help feel free to drop us a mail we are always happy to help.

PS sorry for our recent html error

90 Degrees for USA and CA
We are happy to offer these lights in a 90 degree lens for you guys and gals across the pond, it may take 3-4 days longer for your order as we have all 60 degree models waiting in the factory and would have to make a 90 degree to order, takes a while to put all them little lenses on the diodes

Hi Greenlights!
Can you put the Budmaster with 90 degrees lens closer to the plants? The hight between the Budmaster and my plants is my main concern, as a closet grower.

Blue Moon under the Budmaster

Ok

I have finally had a chance to photo what I have been talking about. The new Bumaster is a killer light... yes it takes a bit more room but damn!! it works great!!

in this first pic the older blue moon is on the left and you can only see the top of the new one to the right

DSC_9066_rm.jpg

Here is the new blue moon loving life

DSC_9078_newbm.jpg

Here is the old blue moon ... notice she leans to the right towards the Budmaster!!!

DSC_9077_bm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom