Need advice on light/grow setup! Help!

nothinbtgreen

below are pictures of my setup, any comments on improvement are welcome!

im extremely new to growing, this is my first grow, and ive gotten little to no help getting setup. im using a Hyrdoponic DWC system. its a 4 gallon tub growing FOUR plants. 2 jack herer 2 sweet skunk. as of right now im about 2 days in, they all successfulyy germinated (except 1 ss taproot was torn while being removed from paper towel. i tried my hardest to be carful, the root tangled in a hole within the paper towel. Most of the taproot still remains and looks healthy so im continuing to grow it, but ive heard damaged taproots can stunt growth so idk what to think :(...) but they are now safely in rockwool!

any ways, LIGHTS: i have 2, 23w/1600lumen/5,000K 'Natural Daylight' CFLs hanging about 1.5-2 inch's away.
having alot of trouble finding solid answers and exactly what watt/lumen/warmlight vs. softlight i should be using for my Veg. state for my plants.

PLEASE GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK PEOPLE! DESPERATE TO LEARN.

grow46.jpg

grow122.jpg
grow224.jpg

Lol, it's surprising how many lurkers the site has, isn't it?

For information on CFLs, how many, how big, etc, here's a great thread:

CFL Light Tutorial

Until you have plants with a couple nodes, what you're using should be enough, but you'll need more wattage to get decent growth from there.

Otherwise, nice setup!

:thumb:

Lol, it's surprising how many lurkers the site has, isn't it?

For information on CFLs, how many, how big, etc, here's a great thread:

CFL Light Tutorial

Until you have plants with a couple nodes, what you're using should be enough, but you'll need more wattage to get decent growth from there.

Otherwise, nice setup!

:thumb:

Sweet thanks bro! much appriciation for the reply!
What wattage would you recommend I be at once my plants get bigger?

I try to run 150 watts of CFLs per plant for vegging. A good way to do that, especially with your reflectors, is to get some Y-sockets, or even one of those 4-in-one sockets, if they'll fit your reflector.

There's a ton of info in Tulip's tutorial. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I try to run 150 watts of CFLs per plant for vegging. A good way to do that, especially with your reflectors, is to get some Y-sockets, or even one of those 4-in-one sockets, if they'll fit your reflector.

There's a ton of info in Tulip's tutorial. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Reading through it right now! Super helpful! For sure gonna buy one of the Y sockets and double my lights once my plants get bigger! Feel free to give any other advice or tips if you got any xD
One love!

I suggest getting some Lush Lighting when those babies get older so far there isn't much to say until those plants are big enough and we have an update but like the fellow before me said seems like youll be good for now!!!

I grow with cfls am going to post some pictures of my indoor plants soon. First off your gonna have problems with heat in that hydro set up. What do you plan to do about that? The pump gets hot. Your water needs to stay connstant 68-70 degrees Fahrenheit. Change your water every week roots should be off white never yellow... that should help you statr there. On to your lights for veg I use a mix of blue spetrum also called reading lights, 2700 k warm white, and the daylight bulbs 5000k.use up to 4 100 watt equivalence cfl bulbs per plant and instead of those reflectors use something that won't concentrate all the light in one spot on the plant , they will work untill your plants get big though. Also keep tour lights close to the plant all the time this will prevent stretching... cfl lights will make your plants strech quick also in that big room you will lose a lot of your lights potential... you have to remember they are cfl lights not hid lights

When I say to keep them close I mean close... I move my lights up like an inch every day. I keep them like an inch away untill the plant touches it then lift it up an inch. And so on and so on.

Back
Top Bottom