LED vs HPS

LochGee

Would these lights be more efficient then an LED grow panel?
GRWK-R4MUL-top.jpg

HPS are in a league of their own, LEDs are OK, but you won't get the same yield.

I don't agree with this at all.... I use LED and get just the same yield as HID, but my nugs are much denser and frosty as well with LED! The trick with LED is to slightly "overdo" your lights meaning if a LED recommends a 4x4' grow area, its expect a 2x2' optimal area and get 2x the LED's...

I was running 1000w of HID in my flowering tent and 400w of HID in my veg tent. Now with LED I have more light in both tents, added a 3rd tent and still an paying $60 less in electric.

I have to say that most people that say "LED isn't as good as HID" either never have used them, or they used LED when the market was still growing 3 years ago... LED today is surpassing HID!

Icemud, your grow looks impressive. How much did those three LED lights cost and how many watts do they consume? I wanted to go led but could not find any that I could afford at this time. I ended up ordering a 400w hid/hsp light with dimable ballast off of Amazon for $124 delivered.

my yield is unknown at the moment but from the looks of her in veg she should be good...
20140321_231808.jpg

Scrog net. spread plant out to get many many buds and keeps plants lower for tent growing.

Icemud, your grow looks impressive. How much did those three LED lights cost and how many watts do they consume? I wanted to go led but could not find any that I could afford at this time. I ended up ordering a 400w hid/hsp light with dimable ballast off of Amazon for $124 delivered.

Those LED's are the Mars II 80x5w version... I have 3 of them. They run about $210 each. Each light consumes about 180w and puts about light equal to a 400w hps. Those are made by Top LED, one of our sponsors here.

Also I am running a new product by Intelligent Gro LED, check out my most current journal. These lights are slightly more expensive, but offer much more intense lighting due to the len's on each diode, plus custom color controlls. These lights also have more of the "key" wavelengths covered with LED chips so they have a slightly better PAR value than the Top LED ones. Also they run almost whisper silent.

We have lights stock in US:)
Those LED's are the Mars II 80x5w version... I have 3 of them. They run about $210 each. Each light consumes about 180w and puts about light equal to a 400w hps. Those are made by Top LED, one of our sponsors here.

Also I am running a new product by Intelligent Gro LED, check out my most current journal. These lights are slightly more expensive, but offer much more intense lighting due to the len's on each diode, plus custom color controlls. These lights also have more of the "key" wavelengths covered with LED chips so they have a slightly better PAR value than the Top LED ones. Also they run almost whisper silent.

i just bought a 125w led flood light uses 23w with 5000k color.i am also running a 70 mh ,150w hps and 4-2 foot 6500k flourescent tubes.i noticed my plant with the led pointing at it from 4 inches away increased my growth and made it darker green in 2 day.i plan on making a larger multi light room but 1 led bulb was $45 my plan is a led flood light over every plant for veg state any suggestions on flower state i was planning on staying with the same lights just change it to 12/12.right now i am running 19/5 for my veg state.

Back
Top Bottom