Mars Hydro II Question

Permit

I am looking at both the Mars II 1200 and 1600 watt led lights. I have been growing with a 400 watt mh/hps light and have had good results but am having heat issues. my grow room is 6'x5'x7' and ac is not an option. I know either of these lights will work well for my application 6-8 plants per cycle, but do i want to go with the 1600 for more light, or do the led crew think the 1200 would give me as good or better results than i am getting now. usually go for more light, but obviously the 1600 would have to give off more heat so thinking the 1200 and save a few bucks. i also use a light mover if that enters into your opinions. I have grown with led before but must say the lights have really improved since i last grew with led alone, no i use my old led for just clone thru veg state.
thanks for your help
:thanks:

What's up permit, I'm new to growing but hopefully I can help you out. The mars II series do put off some heat, I have one mars II 400w light in a 2.5'x2.5'x7' tent and my temps range from 81-85°F but I have to keep my tent open to keep my temps from going over 85°. So if heat is an issue than you might want to consider the Mars reflector series, they use 3w diodes which put off less heat. A good rule of thumb with led is you need 35w per sq. ft., your 5x6 room is 30 sq. ft. so you will need 1050w to cover your floor space. I did a little bit of research, so I'm gonna throw some info at you hopefully it helps you make your decision. Also you can use cofinest as a coupon code and save some money.

Mars II 1200W
you will need 2 for a total of 1040w and after discount will be $818.66

Mars II 1600W
X2 1560w after discount $1099.92

Reflector series 192x3
X3 1050w after discount $835.14

I think 3 reflector series 192x3 would be your best option. They have just enough watts to cover your floor space, you have the option to switch between veg and flower mode which will save energy/money, they cost a little bit more than 2 mars II 1200w but should put off less heat.

I didn't account for your light mover since I have no experience with them.

i am not growing in the entire space, the true grow area is about 5x3 and i now use a 400 watt mh/hps on a light mover with fantastic results as stated so i know either will be good as far as wattage.

Hello Permit, if you only use the 5x3 space to grow the plants, I suggest you order two 144x3w lights, coverage of 4.4x6.6 at 18 inches hight, and with summer coming, heat will hardly be an issue. :cheesygrinsmiley: And the two lights can definitely replace your 400HPS very well. Email me when you decide to order. :high-five:
i am not growing in the entire space, the true grow area is about 5x3 and i now use a 400 watt mh/hps on a light mover with fantastic results as stated so i know either will be good as far as wattage.

:circle-of-love:Hi Jonny, now MarsII has been upgraded to be switchable. USA has all MarsII with switches but some countries still have the old stock for MarsII without switches.:circle-of-love:
mars 2 1200 watt veg and flower switch. no fan unless both are on,guess ill run both any one have these.

We sole all marsII1200 in Canada and USA warehouse and will sell all marsII700 soon. We won't produce the two models.
If you need any of them, you can choose marsII1600 or proii320 to replace marsII1200 and use marsII900 to replace marsII900. :cheer:

Hey, here is a good news about our 420 promotion.

10% off based on our official website: www.mars-hydro.com
You can use discount codes'Cathy" to get that price during 20th--22th in this month. We have never gave so big discount before . Paypal can be used our website. If you want to use card, pls email me, we will send you invoice to help you make the payment. My email: 420flower@mars-hydro.com

Mars Hydro would like to design new T-shirt, do you have any good idea? Share your creative, bold, amazing designs with us, you will have a chance to win Free ProII 120.

Back
Top Bottom