Recommended LED lights for 2x2x4 foot tent

bobsmith

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a fun day.

Was wondering what LED light(s) for 2x2x4 foot tent people would recommend ? I'm leaning towards the little Mars Reflector 48x3 currently. Its only going to be utilised for 3 fairly small plants max.

Though I think the coverage should be OK. not to sure about the intensity or other factors I haven't thought off.

Thought I might borrow other people's experiences/recommendations before wasting cash on something unsuitable is all.

Thanks heaps for you time :).

Welcome to :420: Bob. I try to stick with the 35 watts per sqft rule. Right now if you went with the small MarsHydro you would get about 25 watts per sqft. If you can afford it go with 2 of the small Reflectors and rock them plants. Good luck and thanks for joining.

I also suggest you use more wattage and use two of the 48x3w panels.

Not sure of the at the wall watts those panels consume , @ 100w each power consumption you would have 50w a sq ft.
A massive amount of light that will speed growth. I believe they tell you to use 50w a sq ft when using HID lights and 30 for LED's which are about 1/3 more efficient then HID's at delivery PAR watts. Par light is the frequency of light plants use.

A useful bonus when using two small panels or more is you can use 1 panel while the plants are small , saving wasted electricity.

I use 3 300w (200w consumption) panels instead of a single bigger panel so I can add a panel as I need it.

It saves a lot of energy doing it this way

And that right there is why I asked someone else first, would not have thought of watts per square foot :) :) :) Thanks Mtn Dew

Do you think maybe its better to get two of the Mars Reflector 48x3's or 1 of the Mars 400's ?

I do like the idea of switchable spectrum on the reflector series. But having only 1 light to adjust with the Mars is much better for a lazy noob such as my self.

What do you think ? Thanks for your help

P.S I have some Cheese auto flowering seeds if that changes recommendations.

Lol sorry LEDbud I was typing when you answered apparently. that's a good point with the 2x panels definitely worth considering.

Provides some redundancy in the event a light dies too I guess.

I would stick with two. The veg/bloom switch will save you some kw hours until your girls are ready to flower. Also I like the coverage of two panels, you can always adjust the 2 but stuck with one. Keep us updated Bob..... Auto are great. If you get a chance check out one of the Auto Kings of Farming, Mr Atrain, aka Doc's grow.

Here is his current grow: Here We Grow Again! - A-train's DP Auto Ultimate x 2

A little reading on Auto's: Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis

Great thanks for that, I'll have a read. probably later at work now. explaining to management why I'm reading articles on weed cultivation instead of working may be a bit awkward ;) ;) ;).

Gave both you and LEDbud Rep for your help. Is appreciated.

Great thanks for that, I'll have a read. probably later at work now. explaining to management why I'm reading articles on weed cultivation instead of working may be a bit awkward ;) ;) ;).

Gave both you and LEDbud Rep for your help. Is appreciated.

Back at you Bob. Have fun at work and anytime you have a question don't be shy... I like reading at work too...

I can tell you that in the US anyways it is 48x5 now and it is a nice light.

I like the 5w Reflectors better then the Mars II's. I own both kinds and they both work well. The Reflectors are easier on your eyes to work around.

But for a 2x2 I would go with a Mars II 400 because it would be a better shape footprint for a 2x2. It would rock that 2x2. I like to bloom at 50w psf and I veg around 35w psf.

I would go with two 48x5's if you could step up to a 3x3.

I think the 48x3 now come 5 watt. Draw from outlet is still the same but the penetration is a lot better.

I can tell you that in the US anyways it is 48x5 now and it is a nice light.

You don't have a link for that at all do you ? the website i went to definitely said 48x3. would not surprise me in the least if it was a geographical thing. Australian's get screwed on pretty well every online purchase.

Can't hurt to ask them however.

Thanks mate

There is a good/great chance that the website has not updated its advertising yet.

I have noticed that they switched over multiple panels to 5w chips that originally used 3w chips.
My old style common 300w panel they have sold for 4 or 5 years has been updated with 5w chips.

I read the mars Rep in the mars hydro thread mention other panels have updated with 5w chips and that the websites may not be reflect this update yet.

Those big $100,000 websites (they cost a ton to have built) are tricky to edit and maintain smooth function for everyone.

I know the website is messed up.
They list the 144 as 5w in one place and 3w in another.
I was helping my friend to pick some lights to sell at his store 2 months ago and I had him order some of all the sizes of the reflectors.

At that time I only thought the 144 was going to be 5w. But they all came as 5w.

Maybe Sara their rep will stop by and help you find out what is available where you live. I do remember her saying something about how it would take time before all markets would be selling 5w's. But that was over a month ago now. Maybe they have sold off all the 3w's by now.

I would call/write to them about it before buying one. About Us - Mars Hydro

You don't have a link for that at all do you ? the website i went to definitely said 48x3. would not surprise me in the least if it was a geographical thing. Australian's get screwed on pretty well every online purchase.

Can't hurt to ask them however.

Thanks mate

Back
Top Bottom