Hi - LED for 4x4 - Need help

zoori

420 Member
hi former hps grower with good yield 650g dry top buds from 850W in 3x3, now i changed to led and and i have two tents is 4x4 each, in one tent i have 2x300W led,1x450W led,1 192x5 mars reflector. my true wattage is 1000W of led , i want to yield like 1200g so how many true wattage i need for 4x4 and 1000W not over kill in this area? 1000 hps good for this area so if i pot ture 1000W what is the difference.

first off, it can take a while for people to get responses on here, but once you do they never end.

Secondly, why is it so important to have 1000W in the grow tent? I have pulled around that off 2 plants in my 4x4 tent under pure LED light with less than 1000W true watts, I used 3 full spectrum LED lights with infrared, 5gallon DWC bubble buckets, and topped and scrogged the hell out of the plants. If its yield your looking for, there are ways of getting the yield your looking for.

There are huge differnces between LED lights and hps, under LED lights the plants take a lot more calcium. you will be adding it in every few days if growing in hydro. But more importantly is the ability of the plants to absorb all that light. If you throw all those watts in 1 tent you will have issues with your grow. There is such a thing as too much light for cannabis. The plant leaves even try to hide under intense light. This causes severe drops in yield. I think your trying to add too much in and your plants will suffer from it.

Try other things during your grow to increase yield, not just throw in as much light as you can. LED lights emit a more intense light than hps, so even though the watts are the same, the intensities are different. Where you can easily get away with lots of light with hps, the higher light intensity from the LEDs can be negative to the plants. Plants can only use so much light on their own. If you want to truly max out your grow tent you need to max out the other areas of growing first. The last thing to change if your already using a awesome LED light is adding more light. You need to see how the plants react to the lights you have in your space, don't expect to have the best grow your first time around or first few times, its a constant learning process. Once everything else has been dialed in, then add more light, if the plants show they cant handle all the light being given to them, since you should have maxed out everything in your grow, then its time to consider adding CO2 to the tent. You can use the Exhale CO2 generator bags, they do work for the 4ft x4ft tent, I use them myself, with test results as to how they do in my grow journal. CO2 will allow the plant to use more light, allowing them to use all the light that's being given to them.

first off, it can take a while for people to get responses on here, but once you do they never end.

Secondly, why is it so important to have 1000W in the grow tent? I have pulled around that off 2 plants in my 4x4 tent under pure LED light with less than 1000W true watts, I used 3 full spectrum LED lights with infrared, 5gallon DWC bubble buckets, and topped and scrogged the hell out of the plants. If its yield your looking for, there are ways of getting the yield your looking for.

There are huge differnces between LED lights and hps, under LED lights the plants take a lot more calcium. you will be adding it in every few days if growing in hydro. But more importantly is the ability of the plants to absorb all that light. If you throw all those watts in 1 tent you will have issues with your grow. There is such a thing as too much light for cannabis. The plant leaves even try to hide under intense light. This causes severe drops in yield. I think your trying to add too much in and your plants will suffer from it.

Try other things during your grow to increase yield, not just throw in as much light as you can. LED lights emit a more intense light than hps, so even though the watts are the same, the intensities are different. Where you can easily get away with lots of light with hps, the higher light intensity from the LEDs can be negative to the plants. Plants can only use so much light on their own. If you want to truly max out your grow tent you need to max out the other areas of growing first. The last thing to change if your already using a awesome LED light is adding more light. You need to see how the plants react to the lights you have in your space, don't expect to have the best grow your first time around or first few times, its a constant learning process. Once everything else has been dialed in, then add more light, if the plants show they cant handle all the light being given to them, since you should have maxed out everything in your grow, then its time to consider adding CO2 to the tent. You can use the Exhale CO2 generator bags, they do work for the 4ft x4ft tent, I use them myself, with test results as to how they do in my grow journal. CO2 will allow the plant to use more light, allowing them to use all the light that's being given to them.

hey and thank you for the answer,i grow for several years and it's the first time with all led light, Once I did half hps and half led with 600w hps and the p450 in 3x3 tent. the p 450 (true watt 255) didn't give me what I use to get from 250w+ 600 w hps so I think in 4x4 grow tent I'll be with lack of light so I added the two p300 (true 180 each watts) and my plant starched like hell , I grow this strains for 2 years and never had this problem , and I know if I have lack of light, the plant will try to get to the light Source so I added the 192x5 (true 380W) now I have almost 1000 true w in my tent . i saw on youtube some videos and almost everyone there is polling 1g per true watt so if anyone can clear it for me, ill be grateful.

I have been getting between .75 to 1.75 gpw during the last year depending on strain. Cree CXB3590s and Bridgelux Vero29 are the best available. 3000K for flower runs, 4000K full cycle or 5000K veg.
My mono yield has been between .5 and 1.5 strain dependent using Osram SSL80s. Thing with the Osram far red 660s is the oil production is very high.
Anyone look to extract? use OSLON SSL80s 660

Hey and thank you for answering. How can I get the vero or cxb? It's self made? How many true watt you have and what is the tent size? . I want to order the Mars 2 700 , 4 units for 4x4 what do you thinks? And if it's not to Mach watts for 4x4 (true watt 320 each) so its be like 1280 true watts , in 4x4 it's 1000w hps be good so if I have 1280 watts it's not over kill? Thank you for all the help my friends:)

hey and thank you for the answer,i grow for several years and it's the first time with all led light, Once I did half hps and half led with 600w hps and the p450 in 3x3 tent. the p 450 (true watt 255) didn't give me what I use to get from 250w+ 600 w hps

It's not that the LED didn't work as well as the 2 hps lights. It's that you need to learn the LED's and how and where to put them I'm sure. I think people that have always done hps try using LED with HID habits lol.

Hi and thank you for you're halp and stoping by:)
So how should I use them? I hang them 8 inch from the top of my plant and divided the wattage to be 63 watts to feet if you have some tips for my ill be glad

Hey and thank you for answering. How can I get the vero or cxb? It's self made? How many true watt you have and what is the tent size? . I want to order the Mars 2 700 , 4 units for 4x4 what do you thinks? And if it's not to Mach watts for 4x4 (true watt 320 each) so its be like 1280 true watts , in 4x4 it's 1000w hps be good so if I have 1280 watts it's not over kill? Thank you for all the help my friends:)
I don't wanna get into the rec LED fixtures because there is way to much drama. I can say that anything Vero29/Meanwell powered in the 4000K for full cycle or 3000K straight flower with optics and CXB3590s/Meanwell Powered in the 4000K full cycle or 3000K straight flower with optics equipped are best available LEDs on the planet.
When trying to decide on a fixture? The spacing of the COB is key to determine the flower coverage area. Overlapping circular hotspots are notorious for the Gen1s.
I can also say that 1280 wall watts in a 4 x 4 is way to much. 800watts COBs max in a 4x4 will produce 1000to 1200g with exp grower without much effort.

I don't wanna get into the rec LED fixtures because there is way to much drama. I can say that anything Vero29/Meanwell powered in the 4000K for full cycle or 3000K straight flower with optics and CXB3590s/Meanwell Powered in the 4000K full cycle or 3000K straight flower with optics equipped are best available LEDs on the planet.
When trying to decide on a fixture? The spacing of the COB is key to determine the flower coverage area. Overlapping circular hotspots are notorious for the Gen1s.
I can also say that 1280 wall watts in a 4 x 4 is way to much. 800watts COBs max in a 4x4 will produce 1000to 1200g with exp grower without much effort.

Thank you for stopping by:)
So I only need 800 true watts in 4x4? From we're can I get that vero or the cxb? And how can I know how to assemble them? 3000k is good for flower I know that 2000k is red that good for the flower stage , it is not?

Thank you for stopping by:)
So I only need 800 true watts in 4x4? From we're can I get that vero or the cxb? And how can I know how to assemble them? 3000k is good for flower I know that 2000k is red that good for the flower stage , it is not?
The wattage used in a 4x4 will vary depending on COB used. At the moment I am using 100watt Cree CXB3590 3000K and 120watt Vero29 3000K and IMO the best flower LED available. The 4000K is seed to harvest.
If I use cxb in 4x4 its 800watts. If I use vero29 its 960watts

The wattage used in a 4x4 will vary depending on COB used. At the moment I am using 100watt Cree CXB3590 3000K and 120watt Vero29 3000K and IMO the best flower LED available. The 4000K is seed to harvest.
If I use cxb in 4x4 its 800watts. If I use vero29 its 960watts

hi and thank for answer :)
so i have platinum led and mars reflector lights in total of 1000 true Watts I guess it's okay if with the vero 960 watts its good.how many mars 2 700 model i need for 4x4 ?
and if i pot 960 watts in 4x4 its not like i pot 1000 watts hps?

hi and thank for answer :)
so i have platinum led and mars reflector lights in total of 1000 true Watts I guess it's okay if with the vero 960 watts its good.how many mars 2 700 model i need for 4x4 ?
and if i pot 960 watts in 4x4 its not like i pot 1000 watts hps?

I think 1 Mars II 1200 is recommended for 4x4, or 4 Mars II 400 for better light distribution.
I have 2 of the 192x5 reflectors in my 4x4 tent, but it's my first grow with them so can't say anything about how big a yield they can give but they certainly vegged just fine.

Also there can be a big difference in yield when comparing hydro to soil.

Happy growing:smokin:

I think 1 Mars II 1200 is recommended for 4x4, or 4 Mars II 400 for better light distribution.
I have 2 of the 192x5 reflectors in my 4x4 tent, but it's my first grow with them so can't say anything about how big a yield they can give but they certainly vegged just fine.

Also there can be a big difference in yield when comparing hydro to soil.

Happy growing:smokin:

Hi friend and thanks for stopping by to help:)
I have the 192x5 in my tent , I don't think that two of them can cover my tent good, did you look inside the unit? How strong are the drivers? And how many have?

Hi friend and thanks for stopping by to help:)
I have the 192x5 in my tent , I don't think that two of them can cover my tent good, did you look inside the unit? How strong are the drivers? And how many have?

We're talking 4x4 feet, right?
I think there's plenty coverage in my tent, if anything I would add some CFL's or tubes for side lighting.
I might be able to cram a third 192x5 in there but it would be a tight fit, and I'm not sure the extra ~300 drawn watts would up my yield enough to make up for the extra electricity used.

I changed the fans for silent ones, but didn't look at the drivers...

We're talking 4x4 feet, right?
I think there's plenty coverage in my tent, if anything I would add some CFL's or tubes for side lighting.
I might be able to cram a third 192x5 in there but it would be a tight fit, and I'm not sure the extra ~300 drawn watts would up my yield enough to make up for the extra electricity used.

I changed the fans for silent ones, but didn't look at the drivers...
Thank you for the quick response :)
I have inside my one 4x4tent the 192x5 and the platinum 450And p300x2 the platinum 450 side is more developed than the mars side so I check the Mars watts are 390 w with the fans so I think it's more like 360 true watts and my platinum serious get me together 600 watts so I think that 2 of reflectors 192x5 won't get my the yield I'm looking for maybe 3 panels do the job 4 will be very good. I'm growing in coco perlite for the last 2 years with hps before I was a soil farmer so I do know what I'm looking for in yield , just looking for the right tool to get it. And like you said I would like to save in electricity bill . If I find 800 true watts that can give me good yield like 1000w hps I be happy

IMG_151817.JPG

I use CXB200 and Vero240
Here is SweetTooth x BlueberryHeadband 6wks in with Cree CXB3590 "CB"Bin 3000K 80, Powered by Meanwell HLG 185H 1400B dimmable with forced air Intake/Exhaust , Ledil STELLA silicon Optics:thumb:

IMG_151817.JPG

I use CXB200 and Vero240
Here is SweetTooth x BlueberryHeadband 6wks in with Cree CXB3590 "CB"Bin 3000K 80, Powered by Meanwell HLG 185H 1400B dimmable with forced air Intake/Exhaust , Ledil STELLA silicon Optics:thumb:
Hey good picture:) give some color to the thread. what I need you to tell me is How many watts ?how big you're tent are? Because it's looking like a a big tent and the plant sitting there alone .

Hey good picture:) give some color to the thread. what I need you to tell me is How many watts ?how big you're tent are? Because it's looking like a a big tent and the plant sitting there alone .
I use growlab 5x10 and that fixture is covering 31inches x 31inches in it.
CXB200 pulls shade over 200watts from wall and Built with best components available
Smaller fixtures are better than the big singles because the light output can be controlled better with even spacing.
Ive been getting between 1 and 1.75 g/per with the CXB3590s/Vero29s on the reg.

I use growlab 5x10 and that fixture is covering 31inches x 31inches in it.
CXB200 pulls shade over 200watts from wall and Built with best components available
Smaller fixtures are better than the big singles because the light output can be controlled better with even spacing.
Ive been getting between 1 and 1.75 g/per with the CXB3590s/Vero29s on the reg.
Hey man:)
So you use 250w to cover you're space? You build it yourself?

Back
Top Bottom