Revolt/HPS problems

Brewer

hey guys,
I have a buddy that grabbed a revolt HPS/MH bundle off of ebay a few years ago figuring he was going to use it, he didn't, so I bought it off him.

it will run MH all day long, but when I put the HPS in, it only tries to fire, and it will try, every 35 seconds or so?

at this point im thinking bulb......but then again, the only things I know about ballast systems, is what ive read.

any input would be greatly appreciated

The bulb does sound suspect , electronic ballasts have a soft start feature that starts the bulbs slowly for over 30 seconds to extend the life of the bulb. It seems to me the ballast is trying to start a faulty bulb.

Bulbs kicking around for a few years could of easily been damaged , since the ballast starts the MH bulb it proves the ballast does function.

A new bulb cost anywhere from $20 to $100 , $20 bulbs are not as bright as $100 bulbs and do not have as balanced of a light spectrum but work well enough.

If your tight on funds a $20 bulb will surffice , lots of people use $20 bulbs exclusively

thank you for the input, and confirming my thoughts.

I might have to finish this grow with the MH exclusively..........Christmas is coming fast.....I dislike the lowfund aspect of this time of year.

and hello, from the east coast, canada

I would like to see your results , if you get a chance upload and post back here a pre harvest Photo. ;)

When using a MH you get tighter internode spacing which if all goes well could increase bud stacking. People exclaim they get tighter buds.

A HPS puts out about 30% more lumens just by its design.

When you get around to buying a bulb I suggest a full spectrum HPS bulbs that has the enhanced blue spectrums.

Hi from the West Coast !

Next grow I will be using a 400w hps in a vertical cool tube along with four LED panels for a 4 plant tent grow.

ive got a journal on this grow.....unfortunately.......my time has been limited.

on a side note, im supplementing with CFLs

Back
Top Bottom