Need help with LED lux reading - Please help

Blackwood

I have one MarsII 5watt diods-400 watt LED full spectrum light. I need to know what is the correct lux light meter reading for growing in a 3x5-1/2 ft sq tent. The lux meter is reading at 29 to 30,000 on two plants that are just over a week old. Is this the norm or is this too much light intensity for my babies? I have always started growing using cfl's but those are the old days-ha! I have used my MarsII on finishing my last two plants but at that time the plants was in flowering stage because that is the time I received the LED in mail. Now I want to use led through both stages of growing, being it is a full spectrum LED. Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

I have one MarsII 5watt diods-400 watt LED full spectrum light. I need to know what is the correct lux light meter reading for growing in a 3x5-1/2 ft sq tent. The lux meter is reading at 29 to 30,000 on two plants that are just over a week old. Is this the norm or is this too much light intensity for my babies? I have always started growing using cfl's but those are the old days-ha! I have used my MarsII on finishing my last two plants but at that time the plants was in flowering stage because that is the time I received the LED in mail. Now I want to use led through both stages of growing, being it is a full spectrum LED. Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Even though lux doesn't directly translate into PAR there are conversion factors....

So 30,000 lux is anywhere from 390 to 510 micromoles of PAR which is fine for the growth stage.

Even though lux doesn't directly translate into PAR there are conversion factors....

So 30,000 lux is anywhere from 390 to 510 micromoles of PAR which is fine for the growth stage.

I was hoping you would be the one to answer this. I saw your vids on the MarsII and Greatly appreciate the answer from you. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom