LED's and Calcium deficiency

aperson

Couldn't find any related thread in here and ... well you know I have Calcium deficiency and I am using LED's. Advanced Nutrients told me that the problem is not the led but the watering methode some of us use and that's watering without runoff... I can't do that cause my plants are to big to move to bathroom every time so I was advised to flush or use just water (unPH'ed). They say that by not doing runoff the soil will get unbalanced pH in different areas of the pots.
I will change to HPS for the last month to see what happens.
If you guys have some info on this shit (pardon my French) please turn on the light in here.

I ran hps on about 15 runs in DWC, switched to diy led and had to double my cal mag. From my experience, who ever it was at AN that is was from improper watering doesn't know what they are talking about. If anything you would have nute burn from not watering to run off. If you can, put a shallow pan under your plants and use a shop vac to suck up the run off.

My runoff is always 5.8. I don't ph the nutrients. When I mix them they are at 6.7 - 6.5 depending on the stage and what I use and after a day, it goes to 5.8. Even if I ph it up the next day it will be at 5.8. The thing is everything is excelent untill mid flower. And I can't find CaMg from other companies and theirs is ... trash. They tell me to feed hardcore and not use CaMg cause I have enough ... I will order some Dolomite and use that shit to.... I hate fkin LED's ... I love them

But your still not watering your plants right you need 10% runoff form your pots and a good flush at the end for a nice clean smoke sounds like you have a salt build up have a cover under the pot and a shop vac to suck up the water I'm sure you can come up with something to fix the problem

I use a Budmaster GOD, and the FULL BAC Organics (and I am really pushing what it says on the lable) but I think the intensity of the LED´s and their full spectrum makes the girls eat differently to HPS.... I belive its just Cal Mag, lost of it. I I symply through in Epsom Salt every other watering and it works. Next I am going to Growing Edge Technologies out of Canada, I believe its more colpete. I will also try pre mixing some lime in medium. Hope that helps : )

Do you recycle your soil? If so, you can test the pH before it is used in planting, and then during the grow to know how it is reacting. I never water to runoff, but it takes a few years to know your soil and plants well enough to not over/under feed. Houseplants taught me how to not water until runoff and still maintain a desirable pH level. I have noticed most Indica strains eat twice as much Cal/Mag under LED. Not sure about Sativas though, I've had non under LED yet to have any experience to share.

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

Hi JB

I recycle the soil, but I flush it with microbes for the last two weeks of the plants life, with RO water for a good flush. I clean it up a bit , take out most of the roots and let the earth sit out for a crop, then I add the light mix + coco (70\30 +-)

I then add something to help stabilise the ph and provide Cal mag for the next crop. Chalk, Lime, Kelp can be used.

I rearly check run off, but it will give you a good idea.

I have Soguda (Soma), DYCD (Soma), Kosher Kush (DNA Genetics) on the go for now. I do prefer Sativa strains so I have put down SAGE (TH Seeds) and will be trying Satori (Mandala). I am sure they will do just fine under the LEDs. LEDs provide the full spectrum and so the plants are not streatching as much, as they are not looking for the light, its all there. Unlike HPS.

I will be up loading a few picture journals to share. (but they mak take a while ; )

Back
Top Bottom