Induction lighting - Anybody using?

I need to look into it. This is coming from a 2006 magnetic ballast user....stop have those sun systems ballasts pumping

Sent from my LGL33L using 420

Induction may be the wave of the future, but not in its present form. I was interested in it a couple years ago and nothing has changed since then, except a small reduction in price. In some situations, like a short space where headroom is at a premium, it might be ideal - you can run plants very close to the bulb - but for most conditions you're better off with LED for low heat, or HID for value. Even CFL arrays can be cheaper and more flexible than induction, although you won't have to replace induction bulbs.

Induction is interesting but expensive, and doesn't have much advantage over other sources.

:Namaste:

I'm familiar with Gavita's double-ended hps -some of the best on the market - but not induction ... ? ...

We're talking about flourescent induction, right ... ? The tech is very nice - cool running, long life, great diffusion, good spectrum - but they're not as efficient as LED and cost as much or more to purchase, too.

Lol, I shoulda researched alil before asking that question. My apologies. I've been contemplating hanging bare bulbs vert

Sent from my LGL33L using 420

I wouldn't grow with one even if it was given to me as a gift.

Penetration is bad, worse than LEDs.

It's just a bulb without filaments to fire the gas so it has longer life but everything else about it is too gimmicky to use in Cannabis Gardening.

Awful spectrum, it's just a regular white light. Cannabis could care less about Induction Lighting for now...

The chinese are building induction with red and blue so watch out... I still wouldn't buy it though.

Vlad:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom