Sun Systems LEC 315

captainkirk

SUN SYSTEMS LEC 315 FOR Flower , Waddy yall think about this lighting?,
I have previously used 600 watt HPS Growing with soil for years , and am thinking about switching to LEC ,
Anyone have experience good or bad growing with LEC ?

Before you send all your old equipment to the garbage and drop $500 on this new consumer product... consider changing out your HPS to a CMH bulb. I am using CMH, it rocks :bongrip:
CMH now comes in all standard sizes, 600w as well.

Vlad

DO you use CMH for flower also ?

Yes, it has a lot of Red and UV... there are charts floating around online.

Day 06 of flower under the CMH, It's a philips colormaster on standard digital ballast.

IMG_025449.JPG

Follow the link in my sig, the mainline journal and watch for a few days to see how she develops under the CMH.
I am going for over 1 gram per watt.

Vlad

Before you send all your old equipment to the garbage and drop $500 on this new consumer product... consider changing out your HPS to a CMH bulb. I am using CMH, it rocks :bongrip:

Vlad

Yo Vlad I am curious. I was at the hydro store today and the salesman offered me to get a 315w sun systems winged reflector for $400.
It included the bulb.
I have a dimmable ballast that runs hps mh bulbs. Sounds like you are saying I could use a 600w cmh bulb in my unit? Could I use the 315w and dim the ballast ? Wouldn't The socket need an adapter of some sort?

Stage, i'm running 2 315s over 2 water farms in my current grow.... I use one light for each wf... you need to do a scrog screen, they only effectively cover about 30-32inch screen... Mine draw about 334 watts because they're 110 volt... The lights wired for 220v draw a little less.... Still i'm hoping for close to a gpw off each waterfarm....
The SS 315 watt has a square wave digital Phillips ballast which is made for that bulb....
You used to be able to buy a Phillips 360 watt cmh that could be used with a 400 watt magnetic ballast.... Worked great, it did so well, they no longer make that bulb..... I think that was to make room for the new 315 ballast and bulb combination...
Ask the hydro shop if his light has a Phillips ballast.. I like the vertical bulb in the Sun Systems 315...

watts are watts.. Voltage has nothing to do with watt draw. You will draw less amperage on 220v but your power bill will not go lower because you are using 220V

Imagine 3 315s in one light.
I run lec 315s but I've recently started running a allstart 860 on a hortilux platinum ballast.
Low freq square wave , the same as the LEC BUT 1000 watts worth.

Vlad
Depending on the ballast you use determines how well cmh will actually work, If you're using core and coil you aren't getting the full benefit of cmh.
If you're using a high frequency digital you risk lamp failure and possible fire hazard if the lamp isn't O rated OR isn't in an enclosed hood.

DNA lighting tried the high wattage cmh on ultra high frequency sine wave ballast.
The thd I'm sure was pretty high too compared to a square wave signal.
This led to resonance in the lamp and lamp failures . Possibly even bodily injury or fire hazard even though the lamp they used (allstart 860 I believe, that or rebrand) is open rated.

BUT I'm so far off topic nobody wanna talk lighting with me :(
SS LEC I like a lot, I own two of those, low freq square wave driven .
A very reliable and safe light to run(although the T9 lamps aren't O rated which is why the SS lec come with T12 lamps).
A huge grow here uses the t9 in open fixtures, how the inspector missed that I have no idea, none of my business unless I am employed at that grow (which I won't be) .

Had to grab a HF phantom cmh to compare but the reflector I put the phantom cmh ballast on may have an unfair advantage to the SS LEC 315, it's a SS luxor with mogul extension and mogul to pgzx18 adapter.

Back
Top Bottom