400watt MH/HPS VS 600watt MH/HPS in BCNL BloomBox

MyMeds4Me

Ill start by saying hello, Im new to this site so if this is posted in the wrong spot please, admin move it elsewhere.

Ok Ive ordered a bloom box from BCNL and before anyone can say anything, its what I wanted for my particular situation at this point in my life. I know its not the cheapest out there but heir in ontario canada I had a very hard time finding other pre made cabinets.
Looking for some thoughts and opinions on the bloom box 400 watt ballast. When I talked with BCNL I asked them to upgrade the 400watt ballast to a 600 watt. They told me that it wasn't worth the extra cake. They said that it will just produce more heat and draw more juice and have no more payoff. Ive done allot of reading on light spectrum and depth/intensity and to what my research had told me the 400watt wont put out enough light at the bottom of the cabinet. The light intensity is adequate on a 400 watt only to about 24" at ideal spectrum. Ive ordered the t5 upgrade and maybe that enough extra light.

Thoughts opinions on the box is appreciated but I not going another route so please dont waste time trying to tell my how much $ I waisted.

I thought more wattage more bud. I'm not formulair with that box. I being uncertain went 600watt dimmable. Time will tell if I made right choice.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using 420

A 600w will have significantly more heat than a 400w, and if the box is fully set up and designed for the 400w, I would stick with that. It's likely that if the rep is telling you the 600 won't help, then it likely won't, as they would love and want to upgrade your stuff, for an additional fee, but the fact that they are telling you not to is a sign of a legit company.

Just my 2 cents.

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom