Mars Hydro LEDs - 3 or 5 watt?

tetralpha

Can't find this question or answer anywhere. I couldnt be the only concerned grower? So why is the mars2 more expensove then the reflector? If the reflectors supposibly use exactly the same chips etc then why are the reclectors priced at a much lower price.? It wouldnt make sense to me. How? The reflectors have 16+ more leds then the mars2 per unit. Thats the main concern. Are the leds in the reflector not fully epistar. Are they a mix of the old 3 watt or cheaper made leds? Is that why? The mars2 use actual epistar 5w and reflector gets an abundance of lower rated less valued leds to make up for the compensation of more leds per unit? Please any feedback would be much appreciated.
The mars2 get better penetration because they are placed closer. Well the reflector has more leds and a bigger unit. So the spread is bigger but it would still penetrate just as deep maybe a inch or so less? Would really enjoy some feedback as this is really botherimg me. Mars has yet to give me a feasible answer..
-tetralpha

Why does one car cost more then another. There can be many reasons.

It is best to just pick the one that is best for you and then find the best price for it.
I own both kinds of them and they both work well.

From their website. Maybe you just missed the details of the lights.

Mars Reflector Features:

Control spectrum settings between Growth / Bloom Mode
Premium Epistar ™ 5 Watt High Intensity LEDs.
Patented spectrum diffuser offers the best output efficiency
Impressive coverage area per watt
Maximized energy efficiency
Perfect for grow tents & other small of enclosed areas

Mars II Features:

MarsII1600w Control spectrum settings between Growth and Bloom mode.
5 Watt High intensity output LED Diodes
Link multiple units together.
Rugged construction.
Easily serviceable because of its convenient design and standard parts.

I was referring to the lights in the unit. I cant get an answer from mars themself? This is why i posted it with thos name to possibly catch more peoples attention to throw any advice they might/ think they know?
you cant tell me that the mars is more expensive because the fewer leds that are in it are placed closer together reason driving the price up? Im just curious to as why. Are there less high intensity leds in the reflector? Does the diffuser actually cut down on par received by plants then the layer of.glass over the mars 2.?
Am i the only one who has put some thought into this?
I'm not here to agrue with anyone.. i am just a repeat customer and would honestly likel to know?

:circle-of-love:Hi tetralpha, please no worries. They uses the same 5w Epistar chip. Although their price is different, it doesn't mean that Reflector has the led chips of less quality. The price is required by the management team, who doesn't only take the cost into consideration but other elements like the market.:circle-of-love: There is no false advertising. :Namaste:

Sorry Sara. I did try and rename this but couldnt
and i tryd to erase it still couldnt... I have mars products and have not had a problem yet.

i am purchasing the reflector 5w this friday to further explore within the realm of 5watt chips.
wish me luck :)

Back
Top Bottom