New Grower with questions on a light

mytur88

I'm looking at an LED light. 300W, full spectrum.

The tent im going to use is 46x26x60. Is this light good enough, because that is the price I'm willing to spend.

That light is very low for that tent. You are looking at 16 watts per square foot. If that's all you can afford then you might look at HID instead of LED. If you insist on going LED I would look at Mars Hydro lights on eBay.

I agree that you should take a look at the Mars-hydro LEDs before you shell out any money though I would not recommend HID if money is an issue, yes you will pay less up front but you will pay more month to month but then again that is only my opinion, many people do go the HID route with great success.

Well, i wanna spend 150$ max. But i want something perfect for that tent. I looked up the mars, but i dont see any dimensions. Would the mars600 be good enought?

Within your budget I would go with two of the old style Mars 300 lights. You are still short on light. You can't get something perfect for that tent on your budget. OG is right, HID will be cheaper up front but a bit more expensive in the long haul. It is still going to be the best solution for your grow area on your budget in my opinion.

They says a good rule of thumb is 50 watts per square foot. That's ACTUAL wattage, so the Vipar you posted is only 135 watts. Whatever you decide to get, I would start with at least 400 watts.

If you can extend that budget to about to $210 then you can go with LED and have 50 watts per square foot with the Mars Hydro 300. That would be my advice to you. But 400 draw watts from the wall is 400 draw watts, whether it is HID or LED. The energy savings would come from needing less cooling and ventilation if your light source is more efficient.

Yes. You can find the older style Mars Hydro on eBay for $70, just make sure you buy from seller marshydro. The added bonus of having three lights is that if you have one malfunction you still have two that will get you by while the other one is repaired or replaced.

Juan. I have credit on amazon. If i had a choice to get two of mars 300 or 2 MarsHdyro Reflector48 ,
would the 300 still be a better option, like i said I'm in the dark with lights. I did find a calculator to measure square foot and they still wouldnt be enought. But it can get me by till next month and i can buy 1 more. I do appreciate everything you say since it seems like you know exactly what your talking about.

The reflector series is almost twice the price for the same draw wattage, I would forget about the credit and buy 3 Mars 300s off eBay. Starting with 2 and buying another later is no big deal since you want intense light after they have grown a bit.

My tent is 3x2x6 and i for 2 of the old mars 300s on ebay for$124 including shipping and they have worked amazingly.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

yup yup, i purchased 2 for now. followed Juan's post, got em off ebay and it was cheaper than the route i was going. they should be here Wednesday. so i will have 2 mars 300's and 1 50w cheapo i had until i can get 3. ill have 309 true watts.

They will do you good man. I love mine and cant beat the price. Kept em about 24" in veg and have them down to about 8" in flower and no bleaching or burning. They run super cool too

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I do have one problem. This tent is running about 91 degree's with a intake fan. I have duct, should i flip it to a exhaust?

Damn, I only have 2 lights right now juan. 3'd is on it way. I don't know how I will keep it around 80. It's the time where its gonna start getting hotter each day. I got another fan. Should i run 2 exhaust or 1 intake and one out with a duct outside or ac that b**ch?

Back
Top Bottom