Where should I place my additional CFL?

Nutria

so, this is my grow box:

06260003.JPG
06260002.JPG
06250001.JPG

I have to place an additional 40w 2700° CFL... but i have no idea where to.
I cant place it on the center because it would block light from the led panel. I also thought to place it in the center but "coming from the bottom", so pointed to the led panel, but I don't know how to keep it in place

Hi Nutria,

Sorry I can't be more specific but my response would be "as close to plants as is physically possible". CFL's (flourescents in general) are dramatically effected by the Inverse Square Law of Light. The benefit they provide is rapidly lost/negated if placed too far from the plants. A 40 watt (true wattage vs. replacement value) cfl should probably be not much further than 6 inches from the plants.

Be well and happy growing!

Hi Nutria,

Sorry I can't be more specific but my response would be "as close to plants as is physically possible". CFL's (flourescents in general) are dramatically effected by the Inverse Square Law of Light. The benefit they provide is rapidly lost/negated if placed too far from the plants. A 40 watt (true wattage vs. replacement value) cfl should probably be not much further than 6 inches from the plants.

Be well and happy growing!

Thx for answering!
Yep i know I have to keep it as close as possible but I also want it to spread the light equally to all colas. Keeping it on a corner seems to be a waste

Back
Top Bottom