Help with LED grow?

mellayella

Hi all,
I own an LED grow light and would like some advice of anyone with experience enough to share it :)
Okay so the basic problem is magnesium deficiency. I've had this light for nearly a year now and am very ashamed to say I have lost every plant I've tried to grow so far (6+).

i have tried growing firstly in soil, then using Dwc, then coco and now I'm back to soil.(I would like you all too know I am no Amateur when it comes to growing.) I have what I consider a very good understanding of plant needs as I've been growing outdoors for over a decade now.

This is what happens: week 1, perfect growth (under t5) week 2 switch to leds, after a few days the leaves start wilting and stems turn from green to purple rapidly. Few more days and I get classic mag deficiency( yellowing between the veins). Plant fails to grow and I give up.

I've tried magi-cal plus for Dwc and coco grows(helped but only slowed down the mag def). Maybe I didn't use enough.

Now I'm growing strictly organic, I have an auto NL by nirvana potted up into 11L of batmix cut with dolomite lime. She's only just had the transplant from light mix(without dol lime) so I'm not expecting the dolomite to start working properly just yet. The purpling stems started on day 11(today being day 14). I'm foliar feeding Epsom salts every night just before lights out and foliar feeding straight water just before lights on(washes away build ups of salts which upon first foliar feed burnt my baby).

So the Epsom salts seem to be postponing the inevitable, stems remain partially purple. I can't add anything to my batmix as the soil is currently saturated( and will remain so for a week or more due to being under cool led and big 11L pot.

Really hope someone can relate to this and offer any advice as I'm stuck, tried everything I can think of!

I grow Led only for 2 years now and have not seen to much Cal-mag deficits.
But that may have to do with the water as I see some have problems some not.
But all where solved with 1-2ml/l cal-mag

Purple stems is normal with led and nothing to worry about.

I don't think this is normal cal-mag problem what is your ph ?
Get the plants cold feet ?
To much water ?
Have you tried longer under T5 and see what happens ?

In soil I soak 24h than in quart with wet soil that's it for a week to 10 days, no water nothing.
Just BioBizz or canna soil no nutes for 2-3 weeks and I never had any deficits in veg just 1 plant in bloom.

Seedlings have a 10W Led for 3 days than my 180W veg LED

How close is your LED and what real watts ?

Some photos may help.

Back
Top Bottom