Good idea or no?

spyro

420-magazine-mobile2068187534.jpg

I have noticed lately that, since my 2 females have taken over the bottom 2/3 of my tent, the sides of my plants look as though they're starving for better light. So I had this extra light set up in my possession. It's a 400w HPS bulb with digital ballast. Then I thought I might ask for opinions from the folks at 420. Now this is clearly a potential fire hazard. But my 2 ladies are now on their 5th week of flowering, and I wanted to see if I could feed them some extra light.

What do you think? Beneficial or dangerous? Anything I can do to make this safer?

I have a 4ft t12 fixture hanging vertically in my room for the same reason and haven't had any problems. I'm not certain how much more heat an HPS generates though. I would think as long as it's properly ventilated it should be good. Like I said though, I don't have experience with those types of lights. I'm LED with florescent and cfl additions.

I have a 4ft t12 fixture hanging vertically in my room for the same reason and haven't had any problems. I'm not certain how much more heat an HPS generates though. I would think as long as it's properly ventilated it should be good. Like I said though, I don't have experience with those types of lights. I'm LED with florescent and cfl additions.
Hey key, thanks for the input. As much as I would have liked to keep this light here, it caused a huge issue with the room's temperature. I came home from work one day, the temp was already 83° F! The bad part is that my timer turns the lights on at 5pm, and I get home at 530! After seeing that, I just unplugged it. My exhaust system is not just set up well enough to compensate. Too many bends in my duct, which vents from the top of the tent 7 feet down to the floor. Rest assured, I will be resolving this issue once this grow is complete.

Is there any negative to having light coming from the side like this?

I have a 300watt led hanging from the ceiling and would like to add another mounted to the wall, but didnt know if this would couse my plants to grow weird?
No, actually they love the extra light. What they don't love (at least while they're flowering) is high temperatures. As long as your temperature stays within the limits, you can add as many lights as you want. But also be careful not to place the lights too close to them, as it could burn them.

Back
Top Bottom