Please help recommend a suitable LED

dallas1305

Hi Guys,

I'm Dave and I'm a noob to growing. I was researching LED's when I came across the wealth of information in this forum. After reading a few threads I thought that this would be a friendly place for me to learn more about the new hobby.

I found it particularly difficult finding information regarding cheaper LED brands as a lot of the brands mentioned on forums/youtube seem to be either exclusive to the US or not around anymore and certainly not accessible to me in the UK.

So, to the setup so far:
4ftx4ftx6ft tent
5" rvk fan with 6" carbon filter attached for outlet
4" rvk fan for inlet
plagron allmix
root bags

beginners mistake: 1 x Wappa, 1 x vertigo (auto), 1 x Mexican Sativa, 1 x ruderalis indica (semi-auto) and 1 x either cambodian or jam sensi... and yes I now know I shouldn't have gone for all different seeds, but they're about 6" tall now and I don't want to start again. I figured I'd just experiment this 1st time and use it as a learning experience and not be too upset about yield.

I managed to get all the above for what I think is a good price (£200). the final thing I've been researching is my lighting and my eyes are finding it difficult to cope with reading screens most the day trying to find the best bang for my buck without getting fleeced. I've got an absolute max budget of £300 and I definitely need to go the LED route due to other means producing too much heat.

I've been in-touch with Mars who recommended the mars2 1200W or the reflector 192. They seem okay, however, I'm not fully convinced as I've heard that 1200w lets out a lot of heat.

I would really appreciate any of your suggestions on where to go.

thank you
Dave

Re: pls help recommend a suitable led

Hi Dallas sounds like you have a nice set up, Did you check out the LED form there some LED masters over there that can help you out and its true i have heard the Mars 1200w put out some heat more then others LED i was at the Lift expo in Toronto man they had some sweet LED set up for cheap but i held off and got a purge vac to make shatter and crumble

Hi Dallas sounds like you have a nice set up, Did you check out the LED form there some LED masters over there that can help you out and its true i have heard the Mars 1200w put out some heat more then others LED i was at the Lift expo in Toronto man they had some sweet LED set up for cheap but i held off and got a purge vac to make shatter and crumble

Hey serpent.

Thanks man... Want to Get the tent up and running asap but still no luck deciding on lights.

Im yet to learn about shatter and crumble... Jus a bit old school and stick to grinding leaves to make healthy happyb milkshakes.

I can't locate the led forum, im using my phone. Could you post a link please?

Regards
Dave

There will be heat with any light, led, hps, lec. I run 2 mars 600 in veg and they don't seam to make alot of heat. In bloom I run diy cree led array and it pits off far less heat than most if not all retail available lights. For you budget I would go with the mars reflector. Without knowing your ac situation, are you going to constant exhaust? Seal the tent/room and run co2? There are alot of things that will effect heat. If you put that led in the tent and don't exhaust it, your plants won't last long.

I run 1000w HPS I'm no LED Wizard but I'm told for the right cash you can get LED that run super cool and all you need is a few fans in the room. You don't need Co2 the tent is too small there lots of air

PS sorry your in the right form my bad

You can check out Budmaster, which I currently use. They are built in the UK so I am sure they are available in your area. Excellent products though!

For your budget and size of the tent though, I think the Budmasters would be out of your range slightly, but are excellent panels from the UK.

For best results, you may want to look into a 1000w HPS system, as it will give you the best results for your buck, within your budget.

There will be heat with any light, led, hps, lec. I run 2 mars 600 in veg and they don't seam to make alot of heat. In bloom I run diy cree led array and it pits off far less heat than most if not all retail available lights. For you budget I would go with the mars reflector. Without knowing your ac situation, are you going to constant exhaust? Seal the tent/room and run co2? There are alot of things that will effect heat. If you put that led in the tent and don't exhaust it, your plants won't last long.

Cheers for the advice. Im going to get atleast 1 fan in the tent just blowing on theones?
s or tent wall to help cool everything. The 4inch rvk will also be bringing air in from outside the tent and the 5inch rvk +carbon filter will release the air outside.

I won't be running any co2. Does that seem ok?
I noticed you recommended the reflector series rather than mars2. Is that because of heat?
Do you recommend running one big led panel or two smaller ones?

So far i can only see these two as possible buys; mars2 1200w or mars reflector 192

Would a combination of smaller led panels suit my needs better?

Thanks for your advice

Thanks jaymu... Far to expensive though on the bay.

You can check out Budmaster, which I currently use. They are built in the UK so I am sure they are available in your area. Excellent products though!

For your budget and size of the tent though, I think the Budmasters would be out of your range slightly, but are excellent panels from the UK.

For best results, you may want to look into a 1000w HPS system, as it will give you the best results for your buck, within your budget.

Hi icemud. Thanks for the recommendations. I would love to use a budmaster, however they are very expensive.

The hps also produces too much heat i believe(from what ive gathered)? Heat is an issue as tent will be in a garage not connected to a house.

Regards
Dave

Many customers used Mars II 1200,it's not a big problem for the heat.:high-five:If you are not sure about it,you can go with Reflector192 mars hydro led grow light -reflector 192
we have coupon for 420member,with the code:420magazine,you will get 2month extended warranty and $5USD off.
We have international warehouse and repaire center.:high-five:
Hi Guys,

I'm Dave and I'm a noob to growing. I was researching LED's when I came across the wealth of information in this forum. After reading a few threads I thought that this would be a friendly place for me to learn more about the new hobby.

I found it particularly difficult finding information regarding cheaper LED brands as a lot of the brands mentioned on forums/youtube seem to be either exclusive to the US or not around anymore and certainly not accessible to me in the UK.

So, to the setup so far:
4ftx4ftx6ft tent
5" rvk fan with 6" carbon filter attached for outlet
4" rvk fan for inlet
plagron allmix
root bags

beginners mistake: 1 x Wappa, 1 x vertigo (auto), 1 x Mexican Sativa, 1 x ruderalis indica (semi-auto) and 1 x either cambodian or jam sensi... and yes I now know I shouldn't have gone for all different seeds, but they're about 6" tall now and I don't want to start again. I figured I'd just experiment this 1st time and use it as a learning experience and not be too upset about yield.

I managed to get all the above for what I think is a good price (£200). the final thing I've been researching is my lighting and my eyes are finding it difficult to cope with reading screens most the day trying to find the best bang for my buck without getting fleeced. I've got an absolute max budget of £300 and I definitely need to go the LED route due to other means producing too much heat.

I've been in-touch with Mars who recommended the mars2 1200W or the reflector 192. They seem okay, however, I'm not fully convinced as I've heard that 1200w lets out a lot of heat.

I would really appreciate any of your suggestions on where to go.

thank you
Dave

Hi sara

This may seem like a silly question but i really want that 1200 unit but the heat issue makes me think its risky. How much heat can i expect the unit to give out? Similar to a hps?

Thanks

Many customers used Mars II 1200,it's not a big problem for the heat.:high-five:If you are not sure about it,you can go with Reflector192 mars hydro led grow light -reflector 192
we have coupon for 420member,with the code:420magazine,you will get 2month extended warranty and $5USD off.
We have international warehouse and repaire center.:high-five:

The advantage I see in the reflector series is that you can swith the spectrum from veg to flower and it will run cooler than the 1200. On mars website the 192 is 1300 btu and the 1200 is almost 1900 btu, however the 1200 is without a doubt a more powerful light. More light is moor heat. Judging from the description of your set up, I think the 1200 should run ok as long as the air coming into the tent is 74 to 77 degrees. In my opinion the mars is the best bang for the buck when you are looking at a red/blue led array. If you want to talk more technical about spectrum, efficiency, power, etc, pm me. There are other options out there that are a bit out of your price range but you may want to upgrade in the future.

Thank you budking(lol love the name),

I think ive made up my mind. Im going to go for the reflector 192. @SmokeSara can you do anything better than $5 off? Thats £3 discount as im a uk purchaser.
Also please inform me about the buttons and how to use.

Many thanks
Dave

The advantage I see in the reflector series is that you can swith the spectrum from veg to flower and it will run cooler than the 1200. On mars website the 192 is 1300 btu and the 1200 is almost 1900 btu, however the 1200 is without a doubt a more powerful light. More light is moor heat. Judging from the description of your set up, I think the 1200 should run ok as long as the air coming into the tent is 74 to 77 degrees. In my opinion the mars is the best bang for the buck when you are looking at a red/blue led array. If you want to talk more technical about spectrum, efficiency, power, etc, pm me. There are other options out there that are a bit out of your price range but you may want to upgrade in the future.

I think ive made up my mind. Im going to go for the reflector 192. @smokesara can you do anything better than $5 off? Thats £3 discount as im a uk purchaser.

Many thanks
Dave
Bro figure out how many watts u wanna run and if u want corners covered then break those watts into 3-4 lights and see what happens

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Jaymu, you've made me think about getting 2 or 3 mars 2 400ws now.obviously depending on price. I understand the Advantages but does it outweigh reducing the coverage? Are the gains so good that its worth the extra money? Would the combination release more heat than 1 mars2 1200w panel?

Bro figure out how many watts u wanna run and if u want corners covered then break those watts into 3-4 lights and see what happens

Jaymu, you've made me think about getting 2 or 3 mars 2 400ws now.obviously depending on price. I understand the Advantages but does it outweigh reducing the coverage? Are the gains so good that its worth the extra money? Would the combination release more heat than 1 mars2 1200w panel?
I sold do maybe one mars2 700w and then get 4 small reflector series maybe I only used the old reflector 96x3 and Mar2 400w.

I wish i could offer you more discount:Namaste:We always offer the lowest price as we can.:high-five:
Reflector 192 has two button:Growth and Bloom ,Growth button control 120pcs leds,Bloom button control 72pcs leds.
1: During flowering stage. You need to turn both veg and flower switches on.
2: During Veg stage, We recommend you only turn the veg switch on, but if your power is not enough, you can turn both veg and flower switches on.
If you need to know anything more, you can send email to sales18@lgledsolutions.com:high-five:

I think ive made up my mind. Im going to go for the reflector 192. @smokesara can you do anything better than $5 off? Thats £3 discount as im a uk purchaser.

Many thanks
Dave

Back
Top Bottom