Mars Hydro: Why Not Make COB LED Grow Light?

Mars Hydro

420 Sponsor
Recently many customers asked why we didn't make COB light? Actually we did.But the result of the growing with COB grow light is not good, so we stopped produce it.
IMG_22528.JPG

IMG_21477.JPG

High Sarah....what are the specs for this light? What cob chip type? Bin? Amperage used? Are these crees or veros?
What drivers are used?

Hi..i am new user here and by profession i am an electrician. I found that you stop producing the COB light. Can you please tell the reason? I heard about the other COB lights but don't know about anything yours. Please explain its features and specifications as well as applications. What material you people used to manufacture it and specially about the illumination factor, what was it?

Those look like the generic epi cobs you can order direct from China.

Cob just means chip on board. You still need good chips.

Absolutely. DIY kits still come in at $2/watt(timber). But consider how much you pay per par watt isn't as steep a difference. Something like a 56% efficient timber kit is ~$3.50 /par watt. Where you're ~25% Mars hydro that's only $1/watt is actually $4/par watt. You pay more for low efficiency sometimes(and always in the long run with a higher power bill), when you compare equal amounts of light produced rather than wall watts or something.

Hello @amdew2, The core coverage is 2.5'x2.5', mix coverage is 4.5'x4.5':high-five: @DeVille already help us test the COB:cool:

The COB are on the way to our international warehouses, it will available for USA growers about mid Sept. other countries will have to wait until end of this month.:cheer:

High Sara
What degree is the spread on these new lights? Any test data yet?

Mars hydro COB light already on the way to our international warehouse,quantity is limited,can place pre-order now.
If you want to know information about this light,please feel free to ask.
4C0_3X4_8_VUC9_BY_AYYK.png

No, they are still on the way, they won't available for Canadian until end of this month:cheer: But you can pre-order now, we only arranged 15 pcs to our Canada warehouse.

Are these avail in Canada yet?

Back
Top Bottom