Looking for the best brand names in double ended HPS and ballast

fanleaf

Title say it all.

I'm trying to educate myself a bit here. Can you guys share a few of the make and model of some of the newest, best 1000w double ended bulbs and ballasts? I know there will be differing opinions and that's what I'm looking for. If you have some info that you think sets your preference apart from the rest please share what that is.

I'm a true LED fan but looking to possibly do some cool comparisons between LED and HPS.

Not knowing too much about hps/mh at all I would also like to know what is the best type of ballast for the best double ended hps bulbs. Is it digital or magnetic?

Thanks guys. I'm looking for an awesome reflector for it as well. Something like a cool tube that will allow me more control over temp.

Thanks all:420:

I did around six months of research on the subject. What I came up with is: AC/DE Air-Cooled Double Ended Reflector 8", Galaxy DE Select-A-Watt 600/750/875/1000/1150 - 120/240 Volt, Ushio Double Ended Lamp - AHS-DE 1000W / PRO-PLUS.
Thank you so much. That gives me an idea of where to start looking. I do like the idea of the 1150w boost!

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Make sure that your ballast operates over 100,000 hertz. There's a lot of cheap setups claiming to be DE while the ballast only operates around 45,000 hertz. The double ended bulbs need the higher frequency to work properly.

:420:

Awesome. Tanks for that. I'm actually really itching to pull the trigger on the exact setup you mentioned first. That's a good amount of money but looks like a heck of a setup too. I'm going to keep looking and reading a bit more but that looks really good.

I had a bunch of bookmarks on my computer. I'd give you the name of the site but I've since erased them. I found them just under $500 only with a different bulb.

I made the partial jump to LED instead of going the a double ended fixture. I'm kind of regretting my decision. I have an air cooled 600 watt HPS and two Mars Hydro Reflector 192's in a 5' x 5' Gorilla tent. I have to turn the HPS down to 25% and am still fighting the heat. I could of saved $100 by getting the DE. Not sure how the heat would go.

Once I can afford it, I'm going to get the DE setup I mentioned. I'm going to find the best price I can online then ask my local hydro shop to beat it. They got me the new Gorilla tent at cost without me even having to barter.

Best of luck to you. I'll pop into your current journal in a few weeks to be jealous of your new light.

I had a bunch of bookmarks on my computer. I'd give you the name of the site but I've since erased them. I found them just under $500 only with a different bulb.

I made the partial jump to LED instead of going the a double ended fixture. I'm kind of regretting my decision. I have an air cooled 600 watt HPS and two Mars Hydro Reflector 192's in a 5' x 5' Gorilla tent. I have to turn the HPS down to 25% and am still fighting the heat. I could of saved $100 by getting the DE. Not sure how the heat would go.

Once I can afford it, I'm going to get the DE setup I mentioned. I'm going to find the best price I can online then ask my local hydro shop to beat it. They got me the new Gorilla tent at cost without me even having to barter.

Best of luck to you. I'll pop into your current journal in a few weeks to be jealous of your new light.

Just bought the bulb and ballast you mentioned. Expensive but good stuff.
I love my LED's man. I can run 2k actual draw watts and heat is easily managed. I just want to experiment with the hps and see if I can get my usual results. I still need to get a MH bulb though. I'm going to try to find the best DE MH bulb to go with it.

High Fan,
Correct me if a typo, but your title op says "DE" HPS but you list DE MH. :reading420magazine:
I have my eye on the Gavita 750 DE (operating wattage from 375 to 825 watts).
If youre intrested I could PM you the linkwhereit sells with bulb for under $400.
I run LED's only during warm months but I could squeeze in more yield running HID's in the winter.
For my situation 20a circuit....running thouies wont cut it. A pair of the 750 Gavitas...4x8...2 bows fo sure.:thumb

Just bought the bulb and ballast you mentioned. Expensive but good stuff.
I love my LED's man. I can run 2k actual draw watts and heat is easily managed. I just want to experiment with the hps and see if I can get my usual results. I still need to get a MH bulb though. I'm going to try to find the best DE MH bulb to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom