LED lights - Can't be real

Seanmac

Im online searching for led lights to buy for my next grow (2nd) and I come across this on ebay....can anyone tell me if this is worth spending money on? I normally go with the notion that you get what you pay for, but I see this brand as one of this sites sponsors....advice asap please....Im ready to buy.

Sent from my SM-G928P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Led lights....cant be real......

Im online searching for led lights to buy for my next grow (2nd) and I come across this on ebay....can anyone tell me if this is worth spending money on? I normally go with the notion that you get what you pay for, but I see this brand as one of this sites sponsors....advice asap please....Im ready to buy.

420-magazine-mobile1314634215.jpg

I have two of the same and paid about the same with conversion. I've enjoyed them so far. You can have a look at the link in my sig, or in my profile to see them in action. First run with them and the second light got added half way through flower.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Do you think that these would be powerful enough for 4 plants? My 1st grow im using a 400w MH bulb, and reading the specs it says that this would replace a 250w MH bulb....I dont want to lose out and my yield end up suffering or my plants not thrive like they should........im new to this, so bare with me on the questions pls....just wanna get the most out of my time. Which is why im switching to led.

I'd be a little leery about buying lights from E-Bay. It depends who the seller is...if it's a store with a high positive rating I might be okay with it. There are legitimate stores on E-Bay that sell a bunch of good stuff for sure.

But what if it's some guy selling his used lights because he wants to upgrade his own.

There's alot of great LEDs...the journals here are proof enough.

I've been shopping around as well for my first grow which I hope to start soon. I decided to go with PerfectSun.

Advanced, Amare, and Mars Hydro were the other lights I was looking at.

There's tons of journal on here with people pulling great yield with MarsHydro.

I have two of the same and paid about the same with conversion. I've enjoyed them so far. You can have a look at the link in my sig, or in my profile to see them in action. First run with them and the second light got added half way through flower.

What do u mean by conversion?

I'd be a little leery about buying lights from E-Bay. It depends who the seller is...if it's a store with a high positive rating I might be okay with it. There are legitimate stores on E-Bay that sell a bunch of good stuff for sure.

But what if it's some guy selling his used lights because he wants to upgrade his own.

There's alot of great LEDs...the journals here are proof enough.

I've been shopping around as well for my first grow which I hope to start soon. I decided to go with PerfectSun.

Advanced, Amare, and Mars Hydro were the other lights I was looking at.

There's tons of journal on here with people pulling great yield with MarsHydro.
Thanks for taking the time to reply....I cross referenced the price on Amazon, and its not much different. So more than likely bcuz of tbe same reasons you stated if I decide to go with this brand...i'll buy from Amazon. My only concern is wattage....I want to make sure that what I but will be good enough for 4 plants.

That Mars 300 won't be enough for 4 plants in flower, I wouldn't go more than 1 plant per light, they are a lot smaller than they look

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That Mars 300 won't be enough for 4 plants in flower, I wouldn't go more than 1 plant per light, they are a lot smaller than they look

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks....my setup is basic....4ft long...5ft high...18"wide made out of an armoire, so i have to put them in a line next to each other...any recommendation on an led that could cover all 4? Or should I just drop down to 2 plants?

I have those lights and they are great for veg but for flower they will not give you buds as dense as with hid. But they do promote amazing trichome production. I veg with these and then supplement with a 400 watt hps that i keep at 1/2 power until the end. Thats in a 2ft x 4ft x 6ft area.
They will grow great weed but not as much as their newer lines.
For a really great light, check out Black Diamond LED grow lights Perfect Sun or ledrf on here. He makes the perfect sun line. The dwarf star from him is my next big purchase. There are grows on here using his lights and they are consistantly good in yield and quality.
Remember everything i say is just my opinion and with leds opinions vary widely.

What do u mean by conversion?

Conversion in money $. Two of those lights would get you 260 watts at the wall. They definitely replace a 250 watt hps and compare to a higher watt hid. Multiple light sources means a better footprint and better penetration. My space is 2x2 and I have 2 of them. That gets me 65 actual watts per sq foot of beautiful LED light. If you tell me that won't grow dense buds, it'll blatantly tell you you're wrong. Anything above 50 watts per square foot for LED is good.

Following. Haven't a clue about LEDs, I use a 400 hps and grow 4 girls staggered wit 2.5 oz per, just wonder if led wud give the same results per watt?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using 420

Mars Hydro is definitely worth considering.

If you look at the descriptions online (Amazon) you will find that in the specs of the Mars lights, the coverage of the light varies between veg and flower due to the varying distance between light and plant.

The Mars Hydro 600 covers an area of 2 feet x 1.5 feet each light...

Therefore, to achieve a great amount of light in your 48" x 18" space, you would be much better off selecting a pair of the Mars 600s which retail just over $300 for the pair.

I have (2) 600s myself and love them. Don't ever put them closer than 16" tho. These are powerful enough to hurt your plants if too close.

I'm sure you'd get some nice buds from the smaller lights too but a pair of 600 rated LEDs (drawing 278 watts each) will not be overkill in that space.

And plant count can be customized. You could grow 2 nice big girls in that space or a dozen little ones... probably get similar yields overall too. Plant count does not matter nearly as much as the size of the grow area and the power of the lights.

Under 2 Mars Hydro 600s, I can assure you that harvesting 1/2 pound or more from a single plant consistently will be no problem if you get everything else the way it should be.

If I was you I would check into Cree COB's you can get a good 250watt that replaces a 1000watt HPS/MH depending on what color you get 2700k/6000k

Now I am not a expert in anyway but as I see tons of positive posts about the COB's I myself have never grown with them. Everywhere I read they out preformed the red/blue/blurple!!! Looking LED's with just plain 6500k for Veg and 2700k for Flowering !!!!!! With just plain white LED's

I am going to be using my two led panels, I have a Mars hydro 300 and a Illuminator Jumbo ufo for the beginning of veg then add my 400 hps at the end of veg like a week before I flip and through flower. I like the Mars Hydro 300 for bang for the buck it gives a lot for the price

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mars Hydro is definitely worth considering.

If you look at the descriptions online (Amazon) you will find that in the specs of the Mars lights, the coverage of the light varies between veg and flower due to the varying distance between light and plant.

The Mars Hydro 600 covers an area of 2 feet x 1.5 feet each light...

Therefore, to achieve a great amount of light in your 48" x 18" space, you would be much better off selecting a pair of the Mars 600s which retail just over $300 for the pair.

I have (2) 600s myself and love them. Don't ever put them closer than 16" tho. These are powerful enough to hurt your plants if too close.

I'm sure you'd get some nice buds from the smaller lights too but a pair of 600 rated LEDs (drawing 278 watts each) will not be overkill in that space.

And plant count can be customized. You could grow 2 nice big girls in that space or a dozen little ones... probably get similar yields overall too. Plant count does not matter nearly as much as the size of the grow area and the power of the lights.

Under 2 Mars Hydro 600s, I can assure you that harvesting 1/2 pound or more from a single plant consistently will be no problem if you get everything else the way it should be.
1/2 a pound per plant with 2 Mars 600's???? That sounds exactly like the kind of yield I need in my life.

Now I am not a expert in anyway but as I see tons of positive posts about the COB's I myself have never grown with them. Everywhere I read they out preformed the red/blue/blurple!!! Looking LED's with just plain 6500k for Veg and 2700k for Flowering !!!!!! With just plain white LED's

I have to check em out....i never even heard of them...

Back
Top Bottom