Gram per watt question

So when people are talking about trying to get a gram per watt, like mine is a CMH 315. Am I shooting for 315 grams in my total grow? Per plant? Per certain area? I assume its total. So the amount of plants you have under that particular light doesn't matter?
Just didn't understand what they are talking about

DankDuo is right. It also depends on how much plants you got there, how big they are, genetics, nutrients, climate, light. Lets say 40% of this is light, 40% is genetic and the rest is your environment. Ppl are getting pretty decent results with the CMH. The most efficient way is LED right now, as they put most light per watt. Note that multiple weaker sources of light are better than one strong source. I've seen ppl get 1,8g per watt with LEDs. But over 1 per watt with CMH is also very possible. You'll be good. :love: :Namaste:

Thanks. Was curious how that was measured. A gram per watt and I would be beside myself. First time grower so my expectations are not that high yet ;)

Do your best you can at every moment, but not better! Mistakes are natural and you learn the most from them. I'm doing mistakes all the time but make the best of them. You may try more methods and not every can be your way of growing or if you really want.

ive been outdoor for ten plus my first grow wit a 1000 watt mh 18-6 for 1m&1/2 then hps 12-12 for 7-8 wks i pulled 672g all different strains same flowering time but different strains. btw i had 16 plants that is 42 gram per plant in a 4x8 grow tent. i think a gpw is possible but its not the strain. i think its the air flow& temp. the type of nutrients and feeding frequency. i used advance nutrients and HP Mycorrhizae soil 5 gallon buckets an hand feed. you have to feel comfortable and be on time with your precautionary treat it like your job not a hobby nor sport.

You could yield pretty much the same amount in a given space with fewer plants rather than more plants. For example if you have a 4x4 area (16 sqft) and you do a sea of green 16 plants (1 plant per sq ft ) , you could get the same amount yield with just 4 plants in that same area , yeah you might have to veg them a little longer but you use less nutrients/water and you use less soil/materials as oppose to having to water 16 plants and having to have 16 pots and more soil etc.... hell you could even get the same amount from one plant in that same area if you vegged it long enough. But yeah the point I'm trying to make is when it comes to grams per watt, they're talking about grams per watt over a certain square footage of canopy. Another example : rule of thumb 1000w per 16 sq ft is optimal (now we could get technical and say that the amount of par is what matters , not really the watts but that can be explained some other time) so you could expect 1000g per 16sq ft of canopy whether it's 4 plants or 16 plants. And me personally , If i lived in a state where it is illegal to grow, god forbid if I ever got caugh but would I rather get caught with 16 plants ? Ooooor 4 ? .

Anyway but for a lot of people it's hard to reach the 1g per watt number, you need to have some kind of idea what you're doing. Beginners could expect realistically somewhere around .3 - .5 grams / watt

Pure. Potent. Vapor

Vaporizers - Desktop & Portable - Mods & Tanks | VapeWorld

Back
Top Bottom