Can anybody beat my LED?

Jarimuana

Hey guys, how's it growing? We all bud?

I've been looking at LEDs for my 150 x 150 x 200 bloom room and I've so far settled for the Mars Pro II Epistle 320.

Mars Pro II Epistar 320(UK) , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

Current price is £488

Could anybody share what LEDs you have and why you chose them?

Is this a good buy? I use
CFL for germ / early veg
250w > 400w > 600w progression on MH
660watt HPS

I only have one 600w Omega digital ballast. LEDs don't require a ballast right? I thought they were only for HID lamps?

Akuna Matata Hombres!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Lol me again, I have a Mars II 700. Bought it off a supplier on ebay, claims to be genuine wholesaler and it seems to be the real deal. It claimed to pull 321w at the wall but when I got it I found it actually pulls 580w (veg and grow spectrum combined) . I'm sure it's gonna shorten the lifespan but I'll fkn ride it for now as it's under the warranty and let the supplier know just before that's up.

LEDs don't require a ballast. I chose LED to try and keep heat and power bills down although the fact I bought such a big light for an 80x80x160 tent kind of blew that out. Like any hobby I take on I get carried away lol.

I've never used hps lights, but I'd imagine if I had a 600w hps in this tent I would need serious cooling and exhaust systems. As it is now I have a powerful 6inch exhaust fan with carbon filter and that's working well, on the warmer days I need my air con and tent door open a touch but for winter it should balance perfectly. The bloom only setting draws a far more conservative 140w which sorts temp issues on the hot days completely.

My Mars 700 set me back equivalent to about £260-270

Hopw that helps

I've been looking at LEDs for my 150 x 150 x 200 bloom room and I've so far settled for the Mars Pro II Epistle 320.

Current price is £488

CFL for germ / early veg
660watt HPS

I only have one 600w Omega digital ballast. LEDs don't require a ballast right? I thought they were only for HID lamps?

Akuna Matata Hombres!

Short answer is yes, I can beat your LED
1114161632.jpg

You can check on Canad420 grow journal.:circle-of-love:
The Emperor's New Grows - Mars Pro Cree256 & Cree128s Perpetual In High-Brix!

Current price is £488

CFL for germ / early veg
660watt HPS

Akuna Matata Hombres!

Please Show us a picture of the light. I doubt its a mars ll 700 when it pulls that much. But how should this work? 140 on bloom only, almost 600 with veg? Very very strange :)

Please Show us a picture of the light. I doubt its a mars ll 700 when it pulls that much. But how should this work? 140 on bloom only, almost 600 with veg? Very very strange :)

I agree, it's very strange but that's what the meter at the wall is saying. It certainly drops a lot of the diodes when on bloom setting. I'll show some pics later, would love to get any thoughts.

To clarify, the readings are:

580w grow and bloom together
140w bloom only
460w grow only

Ill double check the readings and let you know as I'm just going from memory. It may not be a genuine Mars but it definitely has 140 x 5 watt diodes and that's (roughly) what the readings are saying.

Do you think the fact most of the power is the blue spectrum it's wasted in flower? As I've heard people using blue spectrum all the way through with decent results so I hope not.

Hello Steven,

We are not sure if you bought from our eBay store, If it is , maybe you got the wrong product? I would like to see the picture of your light and help you ASAP.

Waiting.

I agree, it's very strange but that's what the meter at the wall is saying. It certainly drops a lot of the diodes when on bloom setting. I'll show some pics later, would love to get any thoughts.

To clarify, the readings are:

580w grow and bloom together
140w bloom only
460w grow only

Ill double check the readings and let you know as I'm just going from memory. It may not be a genuine Mars but it definitely has 140 x 5 watt diodes and that's (roughly) what the readings are saying.

Do you think the fact most of the power is the blue spectrum it's wasted in flower? As I've heard people using blue spectrum all the way through with decent results so I hope not.

Get cobs and do a diy build with a old Mars 2 400 that's what I'm doing for my summer crop maybe try cxb 3590

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

be care with DIY , we saw some videos on youtube, it is dangerous. can you share your DIY light with me? even we will not provide you warranty any more, but we can help you to say where you'd better to change and stay safe.
Get cobs and do a diy build with a old Mars 2 400 that's what I'm doing for my summer crop maybe try cxb 3590

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Current price is £488

CFL for germ / early veg
660watt HPS

Akuna Matata Hombres!

The mars pro 320 wont be enough light for that size tent. You need more. Especially if this will be your bloom room.

Sent from my android from outer space!

It means you won the internets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Lol. Ok.
This thread title made me click lol. Once I clicked on it I could see that the title and what was in the thread were very different.
Basically the title was "click bait".

be care with DIY , we saw some videos on youtube, it is dangerous. can you share your DIY light with me? even we will not provide you warranty any more, but we can help you to say where you'd better to change and stay safe.

Sara you're joking right? My Mars lamp shot sparks all over the flower room because of the cheap power supply that your company used. For growers it's more dangerous to pay attention to your desperate attempts to sell out dated tech than it is to follow the very detailed directions using highest quality parts found at RIU.

A DIY such as my arrays are very very safe. If build with common sense you probably can't get safer. I have fuses and push-button reset Breakers built into mine in case there is an issue. I don't see that on many manufactured lights. Dollar for dollar a good do it yourself light cannot be beat for what you get out of it.

Back
Top Bottom