Is this a good deal?

Kai420Fowler

Hi so I won an auction for a mars hydro 2 900w I was wondering if I would be getting a good deal on it
420-magazine-mobile237287222.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Good deal. But the mars II will crap out on you after a year or less. Hope you know how to solder. I repaired mine several times and then sold it after one of the drivers went. Now I use COB led.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I see it already has some burned out leds.

If you get 2 grows out of it, it will have paid for itself.

Anyway. It's a good deal even with the burned out diodes. When the drivers start to go (and they will) you can scrap the whole board and drivers and use the case to hold 4x50w Cree, Bridgelux or Citizen COBs. For $200 you can turn that case into a true 200w (actual wattage) COB LED. You'll find that the "900w" rating is total bullshit. Mine drew 183 watts from the wall and it was advertised as a 900w as well. LED manufacturers are the biggest liars in the world. Build your own COB arrays from the case like the pros when it finally dies.

Is this your first Grow? If so...go for it. It's a good price. But be warned, you get what you pay for.

Well I was deciding on this or another 300w or getting the 600w idk yet and this is my first grow

But I'm also running a single 300w mars hydro right now so I need another light

I would buy it new if it's that cheap. I looked up the reviews and they seem pretty good. The Mars Hydro is better that the older Mars II's by a long shot.
Buy new. Get the warranty.
Add panels as you go

Back
Top Bottom