Thinking Out Loud - Growing Hazes Under LEDs - No

DoctorGonzo

Don't do it. If they're real Hazes, it simply won't end well.
If they're allegedly Haze, but provably heavy indica, then it's not really Haze, and you can proceed.
There's wayyyy too many under-lit, grow tent projects I see here that don't finish anywhere near max capability/highest quality because of poor genetics choices.

Don't do it. If they're real Hazes, it simply won't end well.
If they're allegedly Haze, but provably heavy indica, then it's not really Haze, and you can proceed.
There's wayyyy too many under-lit, grow tent projects I see here that don't finish anywhere near max capability/highest quality because of poor genetics choices.
lol. Youre crazy man.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mate led doesnt mean under lit! I prefer using hps as thats what ive used for years and am most comfortable with. However i have 1100w actual draw led panels that will penetrate fort knox. Not all led panels are equal granted and i also see a lot of under lit grow spaces but you can grow any strain of cannabis under good led.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And cultivator I know you are an HPS guy for the most part so don't take this as anything against you because it's not but to the OP...my lil 2500 actual watt Cree array will kill almost any light. Double ended HPS included. LED can grow anything just as well as any other type of light DrGonzo. I do agree with you though there are way too many under lit Growers here.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Mate led doesnt mean under lit! I prefer using hps as thats what ive used for years and am most comfortable with. However i have 1100w actual draw led panels that will penetrate fort knox. Not all led panels are equal granted and i also see a lot of under lit grow spaces but you can grow any strain of cannabis under good led.

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Oops. I was referring to Mars-spec LEDs and the like, not the pro panels. My error in not being specific enough!

.The key words here being "GOOD LED" .

I like a good "Huh? WTF is he thinking?!?" thread title.
It encourages interesting discourse. Although I dropped the ball by not slagging off cheap Chinese panels in the original post, dammit!

I totally get the "How can I grow cannabis for under $99?" crowd, but doing this on a shoe string budget is mostly a chain of headaches and clusterfucks resulting in "Ack! I'm fucked, wut to do??" threads.
Miracle Grow and a few CFLs will grow a . but, it's mainly a visual experience as the end results rarely meet expectations. The misnomer that cannabis is a weed that'll grow anywhere/under any conditions really only applies to hemp, not today's hybrids.
The LED industry is moving forward at a rate rarely seen in business, five years ago LEDs were absolute shite, and now they're lighting auto headlamps. Fscking amazing, when you look at the history of auxiliary lighting technology, and in under five years I expect LEDs will have fully kicked HID lighting to the curb wheregrowing is concerned. And GOOD!, HIDs are a PITA

-Doc

.The key words here being "GOOD LED" .

I like a good "Huh? WTF is he thinking?!?" thread title.
It encourages interesting discourse. Although I dropped the ball by not slagging off cheap Chinese panels in the original post, dammit!

I totally get the "How can I grow cannabis for under $99?" crowd, but doing this on a shoe string budget is mostly a chain of headaches and clusterfucks resulting in "Ack! I'm fucked, wut to do??" threads.
Miracle Grow and a few CFLs will grow a . but, it's mainly a visual experience as the end results rarely meet expectations. The misnomer that cannabis is a weed that'll grow anywhere/under any conditions really only applies to hemp, not today's hybrids.
The LED industry is moving forward at a rate rarely seen in business, five years ago LEDs were absolute shite, and now they're lighting auto headlamps. Fscking amazing, when you look at the history of auxiliary lighting technology, and in under five years I expect LEDs will have fully kicked HID lighting to the curb wheregrowing is concerned. And GOOD!, HIDs are a PITA 藍

-Doc

If ya go cheap ya grow cheap right?

I'm an under lit grower that doesn't get close to 10% out of their plants.. but it's a choice and is great for experimenting, as long as what your growing is getting you stoned and tastes good, which it does.. genetics; you can end up with lots of free seeds from comps etc around here that get grown, lol... make sure there some outdoors to par take though, there's the flavour :) but I'm just a personal grower. I just can't seem to flood the streets with flowers grown under 550w of led light I don't want :rofl: actually going to pick up one of those 315cmh with couple led panels in the tent... basically, it works for me. Wouldn't suggest it to others but fits my needs..

Back
Top Bottom