New grower LED question - Please read

bckush

Hello all :love:....help me if you can

Does the diode watt size correlate to the distance from the plant they need to be?

Example....If a light with 1 watt diodes can be closer to a plant than a 3 watt, 5 watt...etc

Can a light with 100 1 watt diodes be put closer to a plant then a light with 20 5 watt diodes?

Is it possible to run led's as close as 3 inches to the tops without burn or bleaching?

Thanks to all for any help :thanks:

Hey mate,
Firstly, I'll answer your question as an sparky, not as an LED grower.

Tough question to answer!
Not all LED's are the same!!

If you look around here you'll see plenty of people slamming LED's and plenty more absolutely singing their praises!

It seems LED technology is constantly changing. Where previously unobtainable harvests are now being easily achieved by LED growers.

LED manufacturers are continually improving efficiencies and heat dissipation so when it comes to accurately comparing one for the other, you'd really need the manufacturers spec sheets for each product at hand!

It is true that as LED wattage increases so too will the amount of heat that needs to be distributed. Often resulting in larger heat sinks being needed to dissipate the increased heat. This can result in LED's having to be spaced further apart too! Sometimes bigger is not always better?

That all being said, there are plenty of intuitive and intelligent folks posting on here who are trying out new things and blowing previous norms all the time!

Sorry I couldn't assist more!Have a browse...you'll find the right person to ask!!

Peace!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Yeah, Higher draw power means more heat ! So as the LED grow light manufacture, we know the LED can driver to 750mA, 1A or 1.5A, usually we will not drive that high because the heat problem.

you have to check the LENs angle too, the smaller angle, even lower watt chips, the top will be burnt or bleaching too .
Hello all :love:....help me if you can

Does the diode watt size correlate to the distance from the plant they need to be?

Example....If a light with 1 watt diodes can be closer to a plant than a 3 watt, 5 watt...etc

Can a light with 100 1 watt diodes be put closer to a plant then a light with 20 5 watt diodes?

Is it possible to run led's as close as 3 inches to the tops without burn or bleaching?

Thanks to all for any help :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom