Auto grow lighting question

Theowl36

Hi guys will soon be doing a auto grow but not sure how to go with lighting want to try and save on electric so was wondering would it be good to start my auto on a t5 for half the grow then over to 400w hps for the rest i know this will be good for electric but as auto start flowering after two weeks not sure ill harm the growth under the t5 for 5 weeks !!!! But same time they ment to good for veg so i guess what im asking is t5 then hps or hps all the way

Thanks m8 for ur reply

It would be awesome if you could use both.....I would choose hps over t5 anyday.

Autos don't veg very long so you not going to loose anything by just running you hps the entire way.

You could also check the links below for more info.

You could use both but you would be wasting light at that point. The hid lights would overpelower the t5 lighting. You would be putting electricity out there for no reason, you could better use the electricity on a fan to vent your grow area.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So you believe that if I put in a 250w hps and used my pl-l lights for side lighting that I'm not going to benefit any from that? I'm not sure i'm with you on that one.....:love:

:circle-of-love:

You can use it but I would recommend if you do use it to maybe put it lower and to the sides of your plant. Could you please put some pics up. It's easier to explain what you have first before we jump to conclusions here lol

Sorry demonic...I kinda miss replied.....what I meant to say is can't he use the t'5 for side lighting?

He is kinda where i'm at also...not trying to steal the thread but it relates to theowl36 also.

my light hood

20161209_131332.jpg

It's 8x 55w pl-l

20161130_214650.jpg

cab shot

20170113_230239.jpg

What I want to do is put a 250hps in the top and move the pl-l to the sides....

20170112_001543.jpg

Would you think I would benefit from that?

First of all, I would like to say that you have a great set up here. And you can most definately try to use the t5 lights for side lighting. Here's the thing though, if you are going to do that wouldn't you want to do side lighting all the way around as opposed to just one side? I mean after all they may lean over to that side because the lighting wouldn't be even all around.

First of all, I would like to say that you have a great set up here. And you can most definately try to use the t5 lights for side lighting. Here's the thing though, if you are going to do that wouldn't you want to do side lighting all the way around as opposed to just one side? I mean after all they may lean over to that side because the lighting wouldn't be even all around.

My intention is to put two lights on each side....The cab is only 40"tall so i'm thinking 6 inches for the top light and 9 inches for pot hieght...that leaves 25" of grow space....put two lights each side at about 15" and 25" from the bottom to really light up the sides...These bulbs are not standard t-5 bulbs...they put out 5000 lumens each...right now I have a rated 5000 lumens per sqft If I add the hps i end up with around 75000 lumens or 9000 lumens a sqft. Some serious side lighting though I would say.

OK here's what I honestly think. You are going to have way too much light in there. Lol we have to worry about light intensity especially with autos. I am having that problem myself as a matter of fact lol. They curl up like mini tacos and can stunt the growth. We don't need that with autos because their lifespan is only a short time and that could really destroy any hopes of a good yield lol

OK here's what I honestly think. You are going to have way too much light in there. Lol we have to worry about light intensity especially with autos. I am having that problem myself as a matter of fact lol. They curl up like mini tacos and can stunt the growth. We don't need that with autos because their lifespan is only a short time and that could really destroy any hopes of a good yield lol

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

I can see it now..."honey...I need to expand the grow....I have to much light" :rofl::rofl:

on a serious note though...to much light....I know that anything over like 10,000 lumens is pushing a photo but I didn't know that auto's are more light sensitive....I need to do some more research.

It depends on each strain honestly some like more light others don't but I'm pretty sure that you will have too much to be honest with you. You could always try though but if it does hurt your plants you'll have to set it back up the way it was on the fly.... not always as easy as it sounds either

I could go lower on the hps...or I could also switch to lower wattage side lights. I think the 250 is the way for me to go up top and maybe lower watt on the sides.

Back
Top Bottom