Swapped to 300W LED - Should I keep additional CFLs in grow box during veg?

ktfinch

Hi guys just curious if I should keep or remove cfls in my grow box. I have led 18 inches off of plants and have 23 watt cfls in 2700k, 5000k, and 6500k along back wall. I know cfls need to be very close to plants but I figured it couldn't hurt to have the light bouncing off the walls in the box right? I originally started with 17 23 watt cfls from day 1 of grow and just swapped to led. Thanks in advance

420-magazine-mobile1524375508.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Swapped to 300 watt viparspectra. Should I keep additional cfls in grow box durin

The CFL'S will not hurt then for VEG if anything they will help.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Re: Swapped to 300W Viparspectra - Should I keep additional CFLs in grow box during v

My girls are really liking my new led/cfl combo. They are growing fast now. Going to flip to flower in 2 more days. Anything I should do to prepare for flip to 12/12? I just gave them veg nutes and was thinking one more dose in 4 days before I switch to bloom nutes. Any thoughts?

420-magazine-mobile2061972705.jpg

Re: Swapped to 300W Viparspectra - Should I keep additional CFLs in grow box during v

Just found this thread, I'm thinking about tossing in 2 300w led grow lights. But I'm currently using only 12 23 watt cfls, did u notice much of a change from when u added the led? Interested in your progress they look really healthy :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The girls seem to like the new light. I vegged for 30 days and this pic is 4 days into flower and after a light defoliation. They seemed to grow a bit faster with led but I am still using a few cfls to help with lighting along the sides of my grow box during flower. First time grow so nothing to compare too. Goodluck!

420-magazine-mobile1706037614.jpg

Hey, that is a nice setup for the CFLs. I also have a 300w LED panel in a tent similar in size to your space, and I want to throw in some CFLs for increased wattage/sq.ft I was wondering if they sell those power strips where you have your bulbs aligned vertically, or if it's something that you built yourself? If so, what are the names of the parts that I would need? I'm new to all this. Thanks

Also, tell us about your final results :)

Back
Top Bottom