Trainwreck disaster with LED

Photoslave

Had a really beautiful trainwreck going under cfl. Enter prosource illuminator 100 watt led. Website said 20 inch for veg 6 or less for flower. Started out at 20 for about 4 days than lowered a little each day. Plant seemed to stall out so droped it to 6. She was in full flower. Well because of fucking purple light i didn't see she was turning all sort of orange yellow. In the center where the lenses were focused. So now my beauty is fried. Im so depressed. I wish i would have stayed with cfls. So paid about 300 to fry my prize. Lesson learned is check my plants in regular light not disco mode. I wish it had a white light switch. Also the distance chart from prosource is a farce in my opinion. Lastly i think if you change to led you need to harden the plants off with a gradual build up of exposure. I think especially because of the uv rays. I really dont have words to express how distraught i am at the almost total loss of this crop king seeds gem. 3 months and my killer good smoke dreams down the tubes. Son of a b. Im so pissed off. Im scared to use this light again. They should change the name from illuminator to fryerator. Share your thoughts all.

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Calmed down today. Accepting the situation. There will still be some smoke here so all is not lost. But yield and quality down. Wanted to post some pix.
420-magazine-mobile1935816127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile713601873.jpg

After moving light back up to around 20" there is some slight amount of new growth after a week or so. The buds that were on the outside are ok but a little stressed. I have another trainwreck in same cab but under cfl just outside the reach of illuminator death rays still looking good. She is tiny. Pic below.
420-magazine-mobile1253965086.jpg
420-magazine-mobile874204103.jpg

Thank you for response. Keeping an open mind. I gave a dose of cal mag 2 days ago let's see what happens. Maybe that makes sense. After changing light different pull on phosphorus. I noticed the leave stems getting purple. But it happened after light change. I think your on to something here. Different demand with led. Same soil and regime as little plant. Hmmmm.

I like a minimum of 16" from LED to closest part of plant.

I have also badly harmed plants with an LED 10-12" away. Didn't get too crispy or anything but ALL GROWTH STOPPED until 2 weeks after backing the light off. After 2 weeks, normal growth resumed.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Also gave 1 tble spoon in gallon of water of 0 10 0 guano. With cal mag. But if phosphorus deficiency why would tips of leaves be showing nute burn symptoms? I was thinking that was part of the manifestation of light burn. Wish i had posted this two weeks ago when i first thought something was up. You all are a great resource. Plus i just feel better talking about it. I was in a serious funk. Real grumpy over it ya know? Ok goi g to give a few days more of higher light, let the cal mag and guano settle in and see. Thanks all.

Plant going down fast. I was thinking through options. I cut off the most damged tops and they are not horrible to smoke so at least ive got that going for me.. Clear small trichomes. The mid canopy stressed but not bad. The parts down low and on sides looking pretty great. Looking for thoughts on making the most of whats left. My ideas:
1. Change back to cfls. Two 63s and a 40 something. You know those 63 watt giant spirals that look light an electric fire waiting to happen.
2. Collected fresh rain water last night. So thought about a soil flush. Basically water it heavy once for run off. Followed by light dose of 1 10 0 guano a little dose like 1 tble per gallon of worm castings. Two polverized eggshells for calcium. A dash of epsom salts mag. Ph of last runoff was 6.6 ish.
3. The most contraversial part. Maybe a dose of superthrive. Even though it's in flower. A desperate move i know.
4. Pollinating portions of it with the haze extreme pollen ive been saving so at least ive got seeds. Might some how perk it up and give it something to live for. All three of my haze started were hulkish fast growing male bruts.
5. Repot in case my soil mix is flawed.
Any ideas?

Flushed with rain water run off tea color but not smelly or dark. Cut away dead leaves and one other bud.

I have this under a budding post now. So 5 days after replacing led with cfls.
420-magazine-mobile1744591845.jpg

I have to agree with the others-I think that you have a nute/soil issue nothing really related to the lights. It's possible to bleach plants if you get really intense but the damage I see looks like a severe deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom