Advice on LEDs - Opinions & Expertise Wanted

Tmac23

Im thinking of switching from HPs to LED lighting and would love some advice on which LEDs i should purchase AND HOW MANY for my 48x24x60 grow tent

Re: Expertise on LEDs

Build your on cob light. Not hard to do and endless possibilities on how to make tour light pattern and angles

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

Do contact some of our Sponsors. It's thanks to them that 420 Magazine is here.

You'll find a wide range of lights available from them, and they will be happy to give you advice about the size you'll need.

:Namaste:

There is a guy on youtube called Cali Green. He uses LED's in his grow videos and I'm sure he can explain more about them than any of us if you watch some of his videos.

I just don't believe in LED's. There's so much fog surrounding the whole system. You can't even find information on light output or lumen output. Since I started growing all you ever hear about is lumens this and lumens that and I believe so many people become chained to the idea of using lumens to grow weed. Making the change to LED is still a long ways away.

I just don't believe in LED's. There's so much fog surrounding the whole system. You can't even find information on light output or lumen output. Since I started growing all you ever hear about is lumens this and lumens that and I believe so many people become chained to the idea of using lumens to grow weed. Making the change to LED is still a long ways away.
Plenty of info out there on LEDs, too much info. With so many people making the switch there must be a reason. Check out some other sites and grow journals, you will be surprised at what people are doing with DIY LED projects.

A long away away ? Lol here ya go
1964cf540fb41f9be1fe7c04ec375e3b.jpg
d345fa315b46e557f673b270f81aca9a.jpg

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

Black Diamond is a solid looking led. Ive seen people do some great things with those lights and they will be my next purchase when my mars lights go.
There is indeed a lot of misinformation and an overabundance of tech info which is easy to get lost in if your mind doesnt bend that way. Grow journals on here dont lie tho and ledrfs videos are good shit too.

Sent from my LGLS992 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm not saying that LED's are worthless but they're not for new growers who have 0 experience with cultivating. Also, LED's are extremely expensive compared to a standard 400 w MH/HPS system. Would you really pay $300-$400 dollars on an LED or $120 for a 400W system that comes with both a Metal Halide and HPS bulb.

IT only takes math to see that LED's still have a long way to go!

I'm not saying that LED's are worthless but they're not for new growers who have 0 experience with cultivating. Also, LED's are extremely expensive compared to a standard 400 w MH/HPS system. Would you really pay $300-$400 dollars on an LED or $120 for a 400W system that comes with both a Metal Halide and HPS bulb.

IT only takes math to see that LED's still have a long way to go!
I want to see that math now

My first journal What's That? - White Light - What Does It Do? - It Grows

Using that light My very first DIY COB fixture

Back
Top Bottom