Veg lighting - Mars 2

Wacko Wizard

I wondered if anyone has compared vegetative growth with a mars2 all veg (blue/white) vs mars 2 veg+flower?

I know the veg+flower has individual switches, but am wondering if it would still be better with both switches on for veg growth?

How would either mode (just veg swich on and both switches on) compare to the All Veg light, for maximum veg growth?

I was looking at mars2 900s, in both cases. My area is 3.6 x 3.6ft

many thanks

WW

OK, I was given a grow box with a MARS 48 reflector in it. First time using a LED, so after a little research I put it to use. Thinking both switches on more light, better growth. Wrong, there is a RED spectrum light activated with the bloom switch. That in early veg stage cause the water (suger) leaves to stretch to an unsupportable and huge in size monster leaf's. I have since bought more MARS 2 and CREE duel switches. My advice is do not use the bloom switch untill your plants are mature (off set growth of branches), or if I'm using clones, bloom switch only during flower.
Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Well, your facts are your opinion. Maybe something with your setup or growing. I and MOST others use both switches with no stretching. Of coarse my experiences with that are on a much bigger scale than a little grow box or closet but 6-9 lights at a time, large 600w to 900w units. Stretch has never been an issue. As a matter of fact my plants are always 3X wider than they are tall.

I was trying to help the brother out, I am forced to Stealth grow since I've retired in a state that will give you more time for a plant than child molestation. I started will 2 each MARS 48 in a 21"x14"x63" box. My current box is much larger and more functional. Boxes get crowded really fast. Plants do adapt very well to lights. Again FAR RED 460nm-480nm light spectrum which is visible only in the fall/winter. Will tend to cause the FAN leaves only (not the plants) to grow large in a confined space of immature plants. Unless you want to do a lot of tucking and prunning. My experience in a grow box under LED let your plants mature for a couple of weeks before you turn on bloom.

Meet me on the high ground, cheers

Thanks guys, good advice. Appreciated!

Now I'm just wondering how the All Veg light compares to the common blue/red/full spectrum (on whichever setting) light...

Back
Top Bottom