Thread: New seedlings & MH lighting

Post Thanks / Like

New seedlings & MH lighting

Hey guys ...i have a question about light and new sprouts ....my last grow ended abruptly due to freezing temps but since have sprouted some new seeds ....i would like to know when i should hit them with my MH 400 watt ?
    should i let them root under a cfl or put them under MH asap? this will be my 3rd grow and am learning fast with the help of all of you and searching info on the net ....anyone help?????

Post Thanks / Like

re: New seedlings & MH lighting

The little ones are more sensitive to light but also temps and too much water and too hot of soil etc...So I would think farther away from your MH than what you normal have them at or use the CFL for first week or so. I"m still learning, but had some temp issues and my little one bounced back better once I took it out of my box with the LED grow light that I moved in from the shed and put it on top of my Video Cabinet under a CFL floor lamp, but it was majorly stressed so it may have been fine with my normal lights otherwise just a bit farther away than where I have it for Veg.

Post Thanks / Like

re: New seedlings & MH lighting

reason why i ask is because ive searched this and some say put it under cfls and some the mh ...cfls from what i read make the seedlings stretch alot and a mh does not ...so trying to see from peeps on here what they think ..pros and cons ya know
    i do understand that the mh shouldnt be as close because of sensitivity to heat and such ...just hoping to get some insight on this subject ...ALWAYS LEARNING