T5 LED set up - Enough light?

Rceme

Hi guys,

I bought what I thought was sufficient lighting, but went to a grow store today that said maybe not.

I have two "Fusion Bright" hanging fixtures that have 8 T5 full spectrum LED tubes each (16 total).

You can see them here Fusion Bright 4ft x8 288W (576W Equivalent) T5 LED System - T5 Led Lights - LED Grow Lights

It says there are 288W each with a 576W equilvalent.

I have a 5x5 tent which I am hoping to grow 6 plants in. Is this enough light??

Thanks

I guarantee you that wouldn't be enough light for 6 plants. Have you look into LED lighting? For the cost of that T5 panel, you could get a good deal on some COB light engines and a driver(power supply) and easily triple the amount of light you get from a T5 panel that expensive.

Those t5 led lights actually look pretty cool. It does say in the details that it's mainly for seedlings and clones though.
I'm not sure if it would be enough lighting. Have you tried heading over to the grow journals in process to see if anyone else is using them the they you had in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice. I have now decided to use the t5 leds for veg stage an have purchased another tent and a 1000W HPS for flowering. I am hoping I can harvest every 4 to 6 weeks with 2 tents.

Hi,

Yeah, I am in week 3 and the plants are looking good under the t-5s. I am doing autoflower and they are very short, but getting quite bushy at the moment. These are a 7 week strain so I am going to move them to the tent with the 1000 watt light this weekend.

Anyway, sprouting is fine and even longer is ok so far.

Back
Top Bottom