Suggestions for flower lights - LED or HID

So all you experts:Namaste:

Was originally planing on going HID for my Lights when I move from the 2x4x5 tent to the 4x4x6'6 tent for flowering. Usng a 2x4 T5 system for starts and veg stage now.
Now Im in AZ, so Summer is coming fast and I may wanna keep my heat down so thinking maybe LED instead of HID

• So pros and Cons of either please, HID vs LED
  • Size of a LED Id need, was figuring a 600w HID originaly
  • Best Brands of LED for a Mid $$$ budget

Now, as I go past my 1st grow, small tent will be starter/clon/mother plant tent and Big will be the Flower Tent, well at least thats the plan Now:thumb:

Thanks again for the Help all

Stav

Got some time before you need them? You can build them easily enough from all the incredible information and pictures that are available in the forum. I've been actively reading the forum about LED lighting for over a month, and I'm nowhere even completed reading the amount of materials that is so intelligently presented there.. My impression is to buy a self contained LED unit when you have the funds and no time to build. I think its a great exercise to build your own, its incredibly easy, with only basic mechanical skills and almost no electrical skills needed if you follow the layouts in the forum. These guys even individually research spectrum analysis of the LED and build their own units tailored for different results . LED is awesome but can be expensive and only personally will go there when I think its time to take it "to the next level". I'm not so sure it is an actual step up for small scale growers with more than 4-8 plants. It can get very expensive to buy the fixures, and there is one or two of the manufacturers mentioned on the forums that I know I certainly would not purchase from. IMO Once you get into the high amount of light you need for more than 4 or 5 plants all at the same stage of cycle, in the same chamber, from multiple LED, it almost seems better to me to use a couple smaller HID placed around the chamber like the LED in order to get the intensity, and attempt to deal with the heating/air flow issues as best as possible. In my 3x6x8 I'm probably going to split it into 2 different chambers (sides) and use HID and T12 and T8 floursescent because that is what I have available to me.

Back
Top Bottom