Double Ended HPS vs Air Cooled HPS

Herbivore

Hi all,

Just trying to figure out if I'm better off buying a double ended high pressure sodium system or a single ended air cooled system. I'm torn because the double ended system produces more light for the amount of energy but doesn't work with air cooling. With the single ended air cooling I would be able to get the lights closer to the plants increasing the intensity of light the plants receive and keep the temperature down in the room. Curious what people's thoughts are on this keeping cost of equipment out of it.

Cheers

Hi all,

Just trying to figure out if I'm better off buying a double ended high pressure sodium system or a single ended air cooled system. I'm torn because the double ended system produces more light for the amount of energy but doesn't work with air cooling. With the single ended air cooling I would be able to get the lights closer to the plants increasing the intensity of light the plants receive and keep the temperature down in the room. Curious what people's thoughts are on this keeping cost of equipment out of it.

Cheers

I use my double ended 400W HPS light as the negatively charged exhaust from my room; personally, having better overall air control and cooling the light simultaneously are what drove me to this style. With the one end of the light ducted, it draws the warm air out of the room and past the bulb; this keeps it cool as long as the fan is always on, and I keep my 400W HPS about 18" from the top colas in bloom. You want better quality Plant product as well as superb air control. I recommend using this style wholeheartedly.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use my double ended 400W HPS light as the negatively charged exhaust from my room; personally, having better overall air control and cooling the light simultaneously are what drove me to this style. With the one end of the light ducted, it draws the warm air out of the room and past the bulb; this keeps it cool as long as the fan is always on, and I keep my 400W HPS about 18" from the top colas in bloom. You want better quality Plant product as well as superb air control. I recommend using this style wholeheartedly.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Could you attach a picture or a how to video guide? Thanks

I'd definitely go with the DE, I don't necessarily see air cooling as an advantage when you have the glass from the hood effecting the light output, I know it doesn't degrade it much, but none is better than some!

Back
Top Bottom