Hello need help are these the correct lights?

greeeenhouse

420-magazine-mobile256124351.jpg

would these cfl lights be enough for my 2 plants?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Im growing under CFLs. They will work but you'll need a lot. Rule of thumb 100 watts per sq ft. These bulbs have very low TRUE watts. Im using 10 of these bulbs in my grow space w 3 plants.

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

oh ok i will have to get the light splitter 4 in 1 x2 and that should be fine 8 lights will do for now as they only 16 days into it couple leafs out

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Yes... you can use those for seedlings and early veg... but you will need few. Always look at the actual watts and not the equivalent. Those are 35watts. When working cfls only you will need 80-100 watts (true watts not equivalent) per plant. You can nurse seedlings very easily with low watt cfls... but you will need to add more light as the plant grows. 6500k is good for vegging but you want a color temp closer to 2700k when you get to flowering. You can mix CFL with a smaller affordable LED panel... that is what I suggest as I have had tremendous success with this combo.

Hope that helps.

xxKitty

oh ok i will have to get the light splitter 4 in 1 x2 and that should be fine 8 lights will do for now as they only 16 days into it couple leafs out

That would definitely work for now. But remember when you're going into flower the more lights the bigger buds. And also flowering plants need a different spectrum light then vegging plants. Here are my girls they are vegging under 10 CFLs. My girls that are in flower are under T5 as and CFLs. Imagine if I had LED's

420-magazine-mobile1687903675.jpg
420-magazine-mobile766224915.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288955181.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2114237022.jpg
420-magazine-mobile429471856.jpg

that is nice will have to get 2700k ones will keep an eye out on your grow ...
will keep you guys posted

Yes... you can use those for seedlings and early veg... but you will need few. Always look at the actual watts and not the equivalent. Those are 35watts. When working cfls only you will need 80-100 watts (true watts not equivalent) per plant. You can nurse seedlings very easily with low watt cfls... but you will need to add more light as the plant grows. 6500k is good for vegging but you want a color temp closer to 2700k when you get to flowering. You can mix CFL with a smaller affordable LED panel... that is what I suggest as I have had tremendous success with this combo.

Hope that helps.

xxKitty

L

Dont use CFL if you can help it, you can get much more bang for your buck just using 14w LED screw in bulbs. It was explained to me like this, if someone gives you free CFL bulbs you would still be better off going and buying LED bulbs due to the efficiency of the LED vs the CFL bulbs. The LED bulbs pay for themselves very quickly. Plus the LEDs arent as much of a fire hazard Ive been told and no mercury in the LEDs either. All the LED bulbs ive bought have plastic diffusers so no real chance of broken glass either. Cheers :volcano-smiley:

Hi pazzyfarmer I've just completed my 5th CFL grow is there anything I can help with? Not to sound rude are you using the light bulbs for your house ? My CFL bulbs are 20cm wide and 50cm long I have 1x 125watt blue and 1 x 250 watt dual spectrum for my one clone at moment

i been using house lights for the first week..
then got 2 led lights now..
as i got the seeds from a friend
so was not prepared at all i do as i go along al ready ordered nutrients lights sockets fan just waiting to arrive first time so im not bothered whats gonna come out because i know my second one will be a big bang grow ...

Dont use CFL if you can help it, you can get much more bang for your buck just using 14w LED screw in bulbs. It was explained to me like this, if someone gives you free CFL bulbs you would still be better off going and buying LED bulbs due to the efficiency of the LED vs the CFL bulbs. The LED bulbs pay for themselves very quickly. Plus the LEDs arent as much of a fire hazard Ive been told and no mercury in the LEDs either. All the LED bulbs ive bought have plastic diffusers so no real chance of broken glass either. Cheers :volcano-smiley:

hello.. thanks for the info
and i agree with you.. i got some led 14w bulbs so that should do the job for now ....

i ordered some of these Bio Bizz nutrients
has anyone from here ever use them? are they any good?
cant get fox farm i live in uk.
420-magazine-mobile1863563402.jpg

BioBizz allmix is where I started and it's AMAZING stuff. I have only started quarter strength bio grow so far so I can't speak More than that to the actual nutes but if they help as much as their soil has.... awesome!

Just this morning, I read that some U.K. growers have magnesium def issues when going with organic lines like BioBizz that are developed by the Dutch.... because your water quality is quite different.... but that's way down the line usually around 3 weeks in flower. I got a ppm reader... mainly so I know how to incorporate my high EC mountain water I have here in Italy. It's much easier to hit lock out levels with hard water... so... depending on where you are... I would check your local water ec and quality....

If you are working all organic (not just nutes but soil too) you can usually not have to worry TOO much about ph... so that's an awesome facet of organic lines like BB.

I am happy with it so far BUT depending on what soil you are using... you don't need quite as much quite so soon as their schedule suggests but that's true of MOST nutrient lines.

Good Luck!
XxKitty

Hollandhydroponics is a uk firm they sell fox farm, big bud, sensi grow. Plus they have stores across uk .

I never liked the bio bizz soil it was of poor quality compared to canna coco+

Back
Top Bottom