Need help asap

byford420

I'm a new grower with an awesome green thumb. Don't know what kind of lights to use. Should I use high pressure sodium and metal halide lights or full spectrum led grow lights?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

How manny plants you want? What's your space like ? Can you put a hole in ceiling for exaust?with hps/mh they have more of a wide angle leds seem to direct light down almost straight down. I use 2 mars 300 watt witch would do about 3 or 4 plants max. Also have a meizhi 900. With just the 2 300 I used last grow got about 3oz but had ph issues could have been more. I have had hps in past love them only thing bad is heat they are hot. You get heat with leds but not as hard to vent out.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm gonna be using 5 to 7 plants for now. But I don't know anything about the lights other than the heat issue. I was going to get a reflective 4X4X7 grow tent but wasn't sure which would be better. I don't have the option of an exhaust port however I am an engineer so I can rig about anything. If I do use the hps lighting how could I cool them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Don't know what kind of lights to use.

Well, since this forum is titled "Grow Lighting", and it's all about lighting, and your question has already been asked a thousand times here, it might not hurt to try reading some of the posts.

I know a lot of people think reading is a waste of time, but it's actually a good way to learn things.

I run LEDs and love them but never grew with anything else. I have always read LED lil better quality and HPS quantity. I only grow for myself. So guess the bottom line is you have to know your expectations. Also LED saves a lot on the electricity bill. So there are pro n cons to light sources it jus what u want in the end. If your a cash cropper go with HPS if jus growing for you and you want dank ass nugs go with LED and not saying you can't get dank with HPS jus lot more obstacles heat an electricity bill being the top two. Good luck and anything I can help with hit me up in my journal!!

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

I'm just throwing this in here. I've got a saltwater reef and fish tank. I've had my tank for about 4 years now. I started small with a 10 gallon tank and now have a 55 gallon tank. I started my first with an LED set up, it has to simulate daylight because all my corals are photosynthetic. They have dimmers and are quite small, quiet and don't produce a lot of heat. I'm attaching a link, however this is not the lights that I have. I would research the LED option. All around I see them being more convenient than large ballasts, heat issues, etc.

Roleadro Panel Grow Light Series, 45W LED Plant Grow Light with Red Blue Spectrum for Growing&Flowering

Back
Top Bottom