So confused

YellowFever

Im looking to upgrade from a 600 hps to cobs in a 3x3 tent. I would like to put 9 cobs in a 3x3 array. But all this LED jargon has me confused. Im not sure what kind of leds or drivers i should use.

Can anyone help me out?

Ok. I built a cob light to fit my 1m2 space.

420-magazine-mobile1188117936.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1033085370.jpg

8 Cree cxb 3590 3500k and 2 hlg 185 1400b drivers.

Just throwing this out there for everybody. I've got a salt water reef tank with corals. Most coral are photosynthetic and require sun light. I've had a pair of $150.00 LED units over my tank and growing corals for several years now. They work great and are dimmable. They are small, quiet, and don't put out a lot of heat. Here's the way I look at it. If they're strong enough to penetrate the water, then they are strong enough for what we're doing. BTW, mine are on the lowest setting and my corals are doing great. The picture here is just with the blue lights on. Corals have different lighting requirements, obviously, but this should give you an idea. BTW these lights are BAF (bright as fuck)!!!! I'll post another picture when the whites come on.

IMG_75106.JPG

Here's what the tank looks light with the lights up full power. This is a 55 gallon tank, it is 4 feet long. The lights are 5 feet from the floor and 15 inches above the top of the tank and 36 inches from the bottom of the tank. What more could you ask for...?. The whites and blues are each on their own dimmers so I can control the amount of each for different looks, needs, etc. There are some really fancy LED systems out there. Just another option, I'm not sure what the sponsors have but search "aquarium reef lighting LED" and there will be plenty of options as well. I think the market is currently capitalizing and over pricing "Grow Lights" because it is the hot, new, hobby and is now becoming more popular and legal to grow in many states. Do you want the red pill or the blue pill...

IMG_75148.JPG
IMG_75135.JPG

No offense. I have used several commercial leds in the past. I just need a more custom setup right now

Well when you put it that way... All good man, just trying to help. What experiences have you had that you don't like the LED's?

Back
Top Bottom