Help me buy a light!

Lonestar11

Hello everyone! I really need all of y'all's help right now! Trying to decide which light I want to go with, and I'm pretty sure I've made my mind up on COB's. Have heard Cree was overpriced, and to be honest I'm on a really tight budget, so I'm stuck between citizen and vero... I have a 4x4 tent and only plan on growing in two 5 gallon buckets, RDWC. If you have any advice or know someone that does please please please chime in before I spend all my $$

300 Watt Citizen CLU048 (6) COB Grow Light Kit

400 Watt Vero29 V7 (4) COB Grow Light Kit

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I use Blackdog lights led run u about 2k but mine 2000watts very good lights

Sent from my Z815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The guy that works for Timber, Dan, suggested that I go with the 300w Cree, but like I said I believe it is overpriced and don't want to pay for a brand-name if I don't have to

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I bought a Timber 300w Cree and could not be happier with it and their service. Plus they are a sponsor and all around top notch in my opinion.

Ya get what ya'pay for... in the long run it would have been much cheaper and way less aggravation for me to have stepped up to the plate in the beginning. Live and learn:blunt:

I use Blackdog lights led run u about 2k but mine 2000watts very good lights

Sent from my Z815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks a little out of my $500 light budget though

Vero better then Citizen although citizen is a cheaper alternative.

Cree is also great but Vero seems to be the best.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

600w hid cooltube kit for now costs you $152 on Amazon while u save for your dream light. .

Then you can keep it for a spare in case of emergency

Hydro Guy Gets Dirty In MA

Seems cheap? And don't you have to cool hps lights? Isn't the spectrum not so good for veg?

Seems cheap? And don't you have to cool hps lights? Isn't the spectrum not so good for veg?

Yep, cheap and complete with both veg and flower bulbs and dimmable ballast included. If it gets too hot you can turn it down some...

And yes, you're going to want at least a 4" inline fan. Preferably a 6" variable speed inline fan. (Vivosun $69.95 on Amazon )

Yep, cheap and complete with both veg and flower bulbs and dimmable ballast included. If it gets too hot you can turn it down some...

And yes, you're going to want at least a 4" inline fan. Preferably a 6" variable speed inline fan. (Vivosun $69.95 on Amazon )

Not really trying to run any duct, other than to exhaust smell when the times comes. And maybe it's just me, but it seems I've seen a lot of "you get what you pay for" on here, and can't really afford to drop $150 on something that I'm not 100% about. But than again I did hardly any research on HPS, more so on LEDs

Vero better then Citizen although citizen is a cheaper alternative.

Cree is also great but Vero seems to be the best.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

These are the answers I'm looking for. Thanks! +1 for Vero, anyone else?

Not really trying to run any duct, other than to exhaust smell when the times comes. And maybe it's just me, but it seems I've seen a lot of "you get what you pay for" on here, and can't really afford to drop $150 on something that I'm not 100% about. But than again I did hardly any research on HPS, more so on LEDs

Running a duct fan is a must even if your going with low heat lights. Plants need the fresh air for good growth. Also MH and HPS lights do produce heat but they are still the best grow lights going. The price is low because companies have been making them for grow rooms for years now. LED prices will go down in time though too. You really can't beat HID lights but I'm old school.

Running a duct fan is a must even if your going with low heat lights. Plants need the fresh air for good growth. Also MH and HPS lights do produce heat but they are still the best grow lights going. The price is low because companies have been making them for grow rooms for years now. LED prices will go down in time though too. You really can't beat HID lights but I'm old school.

I have a box fan that I will sit next to the lower screened window, bringing in fresh air, and will set up a carbon filter as well to exhaust. Just ran across this on Amazon, seems like a steal. What do y'all think?
420-magazine-mobile302962212.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1422940316.jpg

Help me buy a light!!

I have the Mars Hydro version of these LEDs in 300 and 600 watt

They do ok but for thorough coverage during flowering in your 4x4 tent, you'll need 4 of these 300watters

They only draw 135 watts, and that's what they are worth compared to HID... exactly what they pull from the wall.. not the "300" that led manufacturers pull out of thin air to confuse people

I have the Mars Hydro version of these LEDs in 300 and 600 watt

They do ok but for thorough coverage during flowering in your 4x4 tent, you'll need 4 of these 300watters

They only draw 135 watts, and that's what they are worth compared to HID... exactly what they pull from the wall.. not the "300" that led manufacturers pull out of thin air to confuse people

4 lights for two plants? I have some CFLs laying around that I'll probably use on the sides as a supplement

Re: Help me buy a light!!!

I sent an email to Dan regarding the size of my tent and my light needs. I only have a 2x2.5' tent at the moment for veg and flower, so I ended up going with the 200w citizen unit. I will be running that unit at 100% at some point-where it gains in efficiency. Anything else was overkill but could be dimmed down.

I would probably look at 600w of units. Also if you look at some of the fixtures, they show spread for the size of the mounting.

4 lights for two plants? I have some CFLs laying around that I'll probably use on the sides as a supplement

I had 2 mars 600w LED in a 48 x 32. (278 actual watts each) That was just perfect coverage for flowering.

You said your tent was 48x48 and the 300w led says right in its description that it covers 2'x2' so that's how I arrived at that number.

Plants will still grow with less light though. You'll be fine. .

I just bought the 250 citizen kit from timber.

Im very happy with it.

I had the same budget as you and i feel i got my moneys worth for sure!

This thing gives off no heat no need for ducting.

If youve done your research then your familiar with the benefits of cobs over hps already so ill save you the reading lol.

Go with the cobs

Sent from my LGLS775 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just bought the 250 citizen kit from timber.

Im very happy with it.

I had the same budget as you and i feel i got my moneys worth for sure!

This thing gives off no heat no need for ducting.

If youve done your research then your familiar with the benefits of cobs over hps already so ill save you the reading lol.

Go with the cobs

How long have you had it? What made you choose citizen over vero and Cree? I ended up buying 2 of the galaxy hydro 300w LED for $60 each, $120, $400 less than what I planned on spending on COBs. Now I can afford the blue lab guardian, although I do plan on making the upgrade to COBs eventually, I just need something to get this ball rolling for the time being

How long have you had it? What made you choose citizen over vero and Cree? I ended up buying 2 of the galaxy hydro 300w LED for $60 each, $120, $400 less than what I planned on spending on COBs. Now I can afford the blue lab guardian, although I do plan on making the upgrade to COBs eventually, I just need something to get this ball rolling for the time being

I just installed it last night.
Honestly i went with citizen because of the price.
Could i have gotten better results if i spent more money and went with the vero or cree?
The numbers say yes

But am i getting better results than my hps... set up so far yes!
Its only been up a little over 24 hours but i wouldnt be able to grow without it.
Heat has always been my worst enemy now its not even a concern.

I grow in a 2'7" x 2'7" x 7'

So the 5 cob fixture fits perfectly.

The light is very intense and well spread. Not to mention the spectrum of light is comparable to normal daylight.

Ive been toying with the idea of led since i first started growing 3 going on 4 years now. I read all the reviews and descriptions. Hell i was even sold on a few different brands at one point or another but something always came up and ultimately stopped me from ordering.

In the end i think it was more than worth the wait for the cobs.

Back
Top Bottom