Need some help with electrics

etienv

Ok first let me state, I have to make what I have work. I am on a budget. But isnt everyone ;)

I have some seedlings that I feel could benefit from the wack of LED's I had just purchased not to long ago. But my problem is I am not exactly sure how to power them up. I dont need much right at this moment, just enough to cover about a 2 x 2 area. I will just explain what I have and could ask if there is someone that could help me light these LED's up.

I have...

1 power supply, input 120/220 VAC (switchable). output equals 3 post all equal ~15.4VDC and ~1.4A
deep red 3w LED (FV 2.2V - 2.6V, 700mA) x 50
deep blue 3w LED (FV 3.6V - 3.8V, 700mA) x 50

I dont need all of them to work, just enough to get some results. I already have lighting for the seedlings but I just want to enhance the effect. I know the power supply is the wrong supply I should have gotten, but I also didnt find that out until after I order the thing from china.

Thank you.

Can't exactly provide pictures. I can provide links to the hardware I have.

I just want to figure out how to use what I have to light up a small number of lights for now. Just to help along the seedlings I have going now. I am on a budget here and I cant exactly afford to purchase a whole lot at this moment, however I am quite resourceful and I can find a few parts lying, wire, resistors, etc, about if need be.

These are the LED's I ordered.
they are the 3W versions...

1W 3W 5W High Power Red/Green/Royal Blue/Blue/White LED Bulb With 20mm Star PCB | eBay

and this is the power supply that i mistakenly ordered;

AC 110V-220V TO DC 5V 12V 24V Switch Power Supply Driver Adapter LED Strip Light | eBay

There are multiple ones so the one I got has these specs,
model: s-240-12
input 110/220VAC +/- 15% 50-60Hz
output 12VDC - 20A

The above information is what my multimeter gave me when I measured it.

I would just like to know what I can do to make what I have work. If there is anything else that can be helpful I will be glad to provide. The intended lighting coverage right now is only about 2ft x 2ft. enouch for about a dozen seedlings.

Thanks.

By the way, measured value was with no load. I know that's important to know as well, just forgot to mention it.

Not sure what I was thinking with this power supply... if it wont work then I guess that's the facts. If not, any idea's on how to power them? Anything I can use lying around... I understand the voltage and current limits or needs, but I just lack the knowledge to design something to work. Before I order the power supply I didnt know exactly what I needed and was in a rush. It was only afterwards I learned I need a constant current of 700mA with a variable voltage supply. And since the order came from China, it was too late at that point.
Basically I just want to know if what I have will work, even with just a small number of lights, just for the time being until I can afford to buy another power supply.

Back
Top Bottom