Greenhouse Lighting - 1hr light blast for holding in veg

DudeDurban

I'm looking for the cheapest most reliable solution to blast plants with light for an hour to keep them in veg during the short days. I was thinking about something like this.

TL 54W par38

Maybe I can put one of these between 4 plants in the greenhouse and turn it on for 1 hour to interrupt the dark cycle? Would 1 100 watt cfl between 4 plants accomplish the same job? I understand my veg growth will be less vigorous than if I had an actual 18/6 light cycle but that doesn't matter to me, saving money on buying lights and using electricity is more important to me.

I'm looking for the cheapest most reliable solution to blast plants with light for an hour to keep them in veg during the short days. I was thinking about something like this.

TL 54W par38

Maybe I can put one of these between 4 plants in the greenhouse and turn it on for 1 hour to interrupt the dark cycle? Would 1 100 watt cfl between 4 plants accomplish the same job? I understand my veg growth will be less vigorous than if I had an actual 18/6 light cycle but that doesn't matter to me, saving money on buying lights and using electricity is more important to me.

This looks like the cheapest option that I've found

TaoTronics LED Grow Light Bulb 36w

I would guess you are referring to the Gas Lantern Routine and sometimes referred to 12-1 cycle....

Any light source with red in it should work, and I have used this method with dozens of strains. For almost all strains the 12-1/GLR cycle works amazingly and I actually didn't notice much difference between it and 18/6... I do want to mention that about 5% of the strains though did react oddly to the irregular light schedule and wanted to push pistils out while vegging. This returned to normal under 18/6.

It should work fine though to answer your question.

Yep that's it! Being a beginner I didn't know the proper term for it, thanks for the info. I searched Gas Lantern Routine and I got a lot to work with now, including some of your grow videos/journals. I will keep an eye out for odd reactions to the irregular light.

Back
Top Bottom