250w magnetic vs 400w digital ballast flowering

Brett1980

Hi all just a quick question about lighting I have a 250w magnetic ballast and I can pick-up a 400w nanolux og digital ballast with bulb. So the question is would it make a difference I'm in the beginning of the 4th week of flowering any and all help very much appreciated cheers people.

You'll get way more light with the 400 and can switch to an HPS bulb- which will also give you more light (over a 400w mh) and a better spectrum. And yes it should make a big difference.

Hi all just a quick question about lighting I have a 250w magnetic ballast and I can pick-up a 400w nanolux og digital ballast with bulb. So the question is would it make a difference I'm in the beginning of the 4th week of flowering any and all help very much appreciated cheers people.

Any updates with the ladies? haven't seen you around for a while

420-magazine-mobile930284906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1812717289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile591712015.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1717608499.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1004294884.jpg

That's the lot of my girl's the buds are I think week 5-6 of a supposed 8 -9 weeks flowering I've gotta be doing something wrong

I know I have a shit load of nute burn going on I've been feeding them straight water but only started yesterday​ hopefully it'll fix the problem fingers crossed...

Is this your first grow? Why do you say they are going so slow? Most '8 week' strains will take 9 or 10.
They seem fine- probably stunted a little from overfeeding, but not drastically.

420-magazine-mobile930284906.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1812717289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile591712015.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1717608499.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1004294884.jpg

That's the lot of my girl's the buds are I think week 5-6 of a supposed 8 -9 weeks flowering I've gotta be doing something wrong .

Those look great! Your not doing anything wrong.

I am literally going through the same thing now! Except I'm in week 10 of an 8-9 week strain. With a little help from this forum, I found out that those estimations from the breeders do NOT account for human errors along the way (stunted growth, nute burn, lst, overwatering) which lengthen the time of flower. The estimations from the breeder are taken from plants that sit in near perfect conditions, by professional cultivators.

I even started flushing like you. So I mucked that all up since I've been flushing for about 2 weeks when I still got about 5days left for harvest (used the trichomes to estimate harvest). Fortunately my soil is heavily amended and has a ton of organic nutrients still chugging along.

Btw if they're 5-6 weeks of 8-9 week strain, your in for a pleasant surprise!

Buds normally start to fatten and fill in during the last 3 weeks of the supposed flower time.

One of my girls actually grew 2in vertically and got denser during my 10th week! I'm thinking it's from the new CMH I put in, but it might be part of the life cycle too.

Hi komplex is it normal for the tops of the main crowns to feel dry and almost crumbly I thought it's heat so I moved my lights​ up some hoping that'll fix it but I'm not sure it's got me worried...

Back
Top Bottom