I like Cheese

Hi Guys

I have a veg tent that is 0.8 m2 and i am wondering if 4 cree cxa 2540 5000k cobs would be enough to cover it. i am certain there are better cobs for this out there but, that was my budget.

Thanks in advance.

They will work well fot the first month , provide a good enough footprint for the tent size really.

powered to 35w each its about 35 sq. ft ,the suggested minumum for lesser led lights.
Thanks for the reply LEDBud

They are running at 30w each. I don't know what par watts or ppfd they will give. I will try it on my next grow. If is not up to the mark, there is a spare driver in the case so i can just put 2 more cobs in it.

Hell ya thats a great thing with these cobs is that its so easy to add more modules.

I just made up four of the cheap 100w cobs powered to 45w that are hung over each plant / seedling to start with.

Im about to assemble 16 cxa2530 ( 65w chip ) onto 8 pc fan heatsinks that will be used in half the tent.

Really looking forward to this up coming all led grow , used a combo of hps and led last few times.

IMG_085445.JPG

Thats them hanging above the plants , its nice having a low watt option for the seedling stage

Very cool. I hacked a 200 watt led. The 4 2540s and holders cost 80 euros and that was all. I took the LEDs of the Ali plate an sanded it.( Should have bought 6 now thinking about it). If i do buy 2 more i think i will also buy a hlg 120 700 and run them all from 1 driver.

I have 4 plants that have been in 12/12 for 2 weeks in a 1 m2 ⛺. They are under 8 cxb 3590 3500 k running at 50w. I am really hope for good things from them.

This is my 3590 rig

420-magazine-mobile158846319.jpg

420-magazine-mobile750481143.jpg

Plants are looking healthy I like your panel She is beastly.

The cxa models can be found for a good price since the cxb came out , good for the diy builders with less money

I have two cxb 3590's laying in wait due the to price of them will be buying them in small batches collecting them before building a panel. Its a long term project for me..

Back
Top Bottom