How much light on seedlings?

Parrot99

Hi guys I'm going to be transferring some germinating seeds into soil soon i have my tent set up ready to go and have a 300w and 900w Mars. Im going to put the seedlings onto floor, tent height is 160, so I'm working with about 130 cm of space from light.

Question is what light(s) should i run, am leaning toward running just the 300 (over 18/6) initially for them to sprout then can i turn on both or should i increase in increments like 3/6/9

Cheers guys

Joey

How many are you germinating? I assume it's a quantity which will fit under either light. You certainly don't require many watts during the first weeks so usually even a 300w unit is wasting $.

You could always use a regular desk lamp with a standard screw in light bulb for the first few days to a week. One of them lamps with the bendy neck so you can position and aim it just right. I just planted some seeds myself after germinating then sticking into jiffy peat pellets. 2 days later after sitting under the desk lamp and they popped their heads up, just yesterday actually.
Simple, cheap, easy, effective.

You could always use a regular desk lamp with a standard screw in light bulb for the first few days to a week. One of them lamps with the bendy neck so you can position and aim it just right. I just planted some seeds myself after germinating then sticking into jiffy peat pellets. 2 days later after sitting under the desk lamp and they popped their heads up, just yesterday actually.

That's what I did. IKEA goose-neck lamp with an LED bulb. After the soaked seeds cracked and popped and went into rooters, ran that light for 18 hrs per day. Mine is not an indoor grow, the babes took their place in the GH about a week later. Cheers

That's what I did. IKEA goose-neck lamp with an LED bulb. After the soaked seeds cracked and popped and went into rooters, ran that light for 18 hrs per day. Mine is not an indoor grow, the babes took their place in the GH about a week later. Cheers

Cheers guys i might do that next time, i currently have 900w on them. started off with the 300, then 6, then 900w they are growing well now

Back
Top Bottom