LED, T5, T8 or T12 - What should I use?

jmills826

Hey im almost 2 weeks into flowering on my first indoor grow and im using 2700k CFL, I have 16 bulbs on 6 gals which i know should be good enough but i was at home depot yesterday and seen how cheap strip lighting is.
Basically what i wanna do is put some kind of strip lighting above my gals and then ill lower the cfl to the mid area of the plants. What my question is... What kind of lighting is the best for flowering LED, T5 or T8? Hps and metal halide just isnt a option right now because of $ and space but the strip lighting seems to be perfect to supplement my setup. So what lighting should i try?

Re: LED,T5,T8 or T12....wtf should i use

Yeah im interested in LED,but how many gals can i flower under a 300w LED. I have a 6ft long,2ft wide,10ft tall closet i flower in so height isnt a issue just width...

Yeah im interested in LED,but how many gals can i flower under a 300w LED. I have a 6ft long,2ft wide,10ft tall closet i flower in so height isnt a issue just width...
I would say maybe two or three, i don't no alot about the mars 300, i have a mars 1200 and it works great in a 4by4.✌

I'd invest in something no less than an led with 600 watts, most people with 300's have several of them because they feel more smaller led's equate to more light coverage than one larger one, unless you're setting up something for six 5 gallon plants or more one good wattage led should be fine

I vote LED as well. I've had good experience with Mars-Hydro (sponsor here) The low end 300w can be found on their flea bay store for like 65 bucks. I run the reflector series, love them, no heat issues.

Well tom smith with this being my first grow im not sure how long to veg exactly since i used bagseed this time but my first time around i vegged for a lil over 5 weeks and my biggest gal was 2ft and smallest was about 1 1/2 ft.

Hey im almost 2 weeks into flowering on my first indoor grow and im using 2700k CFL, I have 16 bulbs on 6 gals which i know should be good enough but i was at home depot yesterday and seen how cheap strip lighting is.
Basically what i wanna do is put some kind of strip lighting above my gals and then ill lower the cfl to the mid area of the plants. What my question is... What kind of lighting is the best for flowering LED, T5 or T8? Hps and metal halide just isnt a option right now because of $ and space but the strip lighting seems to be perfect to supplement my setup. So what lighting should i try?

Led for sure and much cheaper, Home Depot has all of it...✌️

Led is very direct and doesn't have spread you know like a laser pointer. Might I suggest HPS..

Back
Top Bottom