Please help me choose a LED grow light! Budget €400-450

Organic blaze

Hello fellow LED growers.

I want to buy a good LED grow light for my 100 x 100 x 200 grow tent :D. I am growing autoflowers and want to grow about 6 plant. At the moment I am reading a lot about the Mars hydro grow light especialy the following series: Mars 2 series, reflector, or even maby the Mars Pro II Cree 128. But i think this one does not cover my growing space.

I heard that the mars 2 burns out real quick. is this so?

Can someone tell me what the best choice is? Or maby u have an other option?

I hope someone can help to pick a good LED grow light :D

Cheers

Go to YouTube and look up Growmau5. He gives really good tutorial s on how to build cob leds. I am sure with the budget you have, you can build a really good cob led. Just spend a bit of time researching.

You can also go to the DIY forum and see what the others here have put together.

I want to buy a good LED grow light for my 100 x 100 x 200 grow tent :D. I am growing autoflowers and want to grow about 6 plant. At the moment I am reading a lot about the Mars hydro grow light especialy the following series: Mars 2 series, reflector, or even maby the Mars Pro II Cree 128. But i think this one does not cover my growing space.

Cheers

I have a Mars2 1200 in a SJ DR100 and it's JUST enough light. If I wanted to pack the tent to the brim I'd need the 1600 or some supplemental. I got it new in box but it was technically 'used' so I paid only 200 euro. Still had time on warranty and one of the newer models. Haven't had issues... I'm happy with it... but I can't say I would be as happy if I'd paid twice that... hehe. Don't get me wrong here... I like their lights for an economy LED but their footprint guidelines are .... only guidelines. But I'm not in a position to spend a thousand dollars on a light... so they are definitely the at the top when it comes to the Chinese economy lamps.

Just my opinion.

420-magazine-mobile1109712143.jpg

Among Mars II and Reflector ,i recommend you go with the Mars Pro II Cree 128 :high-five:
This light with upgraded drivers and chips,with better built-up:bravo:

Cheers

I'm about to start a grow and have been researching led lights like mad, All my friends are still using hps but i really wanna go led.

it seems the best and most efficient leds seem to be the new cree 3590 but so far it was only seemed be diy jobs.. until i came across these....

CF Grow Dimmable CREE CXB3590 400W 48000LM COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum = HPS 1000W Growing Lamp Indoor Plant Growth Panel Lighting: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

uses cree3590 cd bin 3500k, 400w, meanwell drivers.

il be ordering one next week. not seen or heard of anyone using this unit but looks pretty solid.

I'm about to start a grow and have been researching led lights like mad, All my friends are still using hps but i really wanna go led.

it seems the best and most efficient leds seem to be the new cree 3590 but so far it was only seemed be diy jobs.. until i came across these....

CF Grow Dimmable CREE CXB3590 400W 48000LM COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum = HPS 1000W Growing Lamp Indoor Plant Growth Panel Lighting: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

uses cree3590 cd bin 3500k, 400w, meanwell drivers.

il be ordering one next week. not seen or heard of anyone using this unit but looks pretty solid.
I run 8 cxb 3590 3500k. That is enough to cover 1x1 m2. The max output of my 8 cobs is 400w. The reason for this is the softer you run cobs the more par watts you get out of them. It is not about how many watts you can throw at your plants, it's about par watts, ppfd and light spectrum.
The light you are looking at is not a good choice imo.
Check out Growmau5 on YouTube and if you have half a brain you can build your self a really nice light for that money.

Cheers
420-magazine-mobile1032684898.jpg

9 plants, grown under a mars II 1200w. Plenty of light for the space, IMO with the exception of penetration once the tent fills up. Will cut back to 6 plants next run and fully expect to yield as well or better than current. May add a couple of supplemental lights to the under canopy but nothing major.

:goodjob:
420-magazine-mobile1032684898.jpg

9 plants, grown under a mars II 1200w. Plenty of light for the space, IMO with the exception of penetration once the tent fills up. Will cut back to 6 plants next run and fully expect to yield as well or better than current. May add a couple of supplemental lights to the under canopy but nothing major.

Where are you located? I ask because another grower (Ledrf)on here is also a sponsor, Black Diamond LED. They make the perfect sun series and the dwarf star would fit your tent well. I use one in a 2.5x3ft tent and my girl is loving it. Cost me, iirc, $435 american w/free shipping. I believe the free shipping is only us and canada tho. Not sure what the exchange is for the $ or what it would cost to ship to where you are. I've used mars light (older series tho) and got pretty decent results. Ive seen good things done with their newer lights too and smokesara is a hell of a rep. A lot of choices out there. It can seem overwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom