Any information about growing neon light?

spazzio

Hi everyone.

i wondering about neon lights cause i found new type of for growing them or they are just new for me :idea:
so these re 55w 2700k 4800lumens & 55w 6500k 5000lumens plus ballast exactly.
i saw them in my local grow market with realy cheap price i though they re looks great for electricity and less heat
but i couldn't find too much forum reviews or comments about them i already have 250w broken cfl :bravo:
i can't decide about buy a same cfl or this kind of neon lights i can affort 2 or 3 x neon lights (grow&flow)

i found this links for imagine
Mammoth Neon TCL 55W 2700K - Bloom
Mammoth Neon TCL 55W 6500K - Growth

please help me :Namaste:

Hi Spazzio -- I couldn't believe that there was such a thing as a "neon" grow light, but then I thought maybe they could chose the gas in the tube to emit in the red and blue spectrum and that wouldn't be any different essentially than colored LED lights.

I looked around on the web, but I couldn't find anything like a website for Mammoth lighting or anything. The hydroponics.eu site shows a bunch of grow tents with the Mammoth brand, so I'm guessing that's not a light manufacturer but a supplier of cannabis grow stuff.

The tubes look like fluorescent tubes. Maybe they are a combination of a "neon" gas plus a phosphor (i.e. Neon gas for red, some other gas used for "neon" lighting for blue, plus phosphor)? Maybe this is just a bad translation to English (i.e. calling a fluorescent lamp "neon"). That's my best guess.

I guess I'm saying I'm curious too...

BTW, if you search at 420magazine.com some people have mentioned Mammoth neon.

Back
Top Bottom