Fish tank lighting - Would it work?

CocoPot

Right first of im all new to this and im learning and reading alot. ive been lurking around doing my research on grow diaries ect to get some insight of what i would need to do a percy grow and the only problem i have is lighting.

To buy list

Smart pots
Coco
Perlite
Coco A+B( will add other nutes but basic will do for now)
1x1x2 tent
6" extractor + carbon
2x 4" fans for circulation above and below plants
Temp+humidity control
Ph tester

As stated above im having trouble on lighting due to on reason. Ive currently taken my marine fish tank down (leaving one expensive hobby to take up another hobby). My question is would my AI PRIME HD LED 55w work on a 1 plant grow for the LEARNING stage? will upgrade once im confident with what im doing

All spec can be found by just copying the led model on google

Thank you in advance

would my AI PRIME HD LED 55w work on a 1 plant grow for the LEARNING stage?

Yes, it will work fine, but it will be the weakest link in your otherwise fine planned setup.

55 watts will be enough to make a plant grow, though I would suggest a smaller, dwarf strain (e.g. Dwarf Low Flyer) so the light isn't too spread out over a big bush when you want lots of lumens at flowering time.

Since you're planning on investing in a tent, ventilation, etc. (to say nothing of your time--you will want enough light to justify the time and effort you put into your first grow) why not take the next step and also buy an LED grow light to use with your aquarium light? (You won't need it at first; the 55 W should do fine to get the plant started.)

Good luck and happy growing from a fellow former aquarist. :)

Hey thank you for your time.
The only reason im not buying a led light now is due to £££ and the unit i want is about £300-400. Aslong i can grow buds with this light then that enough for me to learn and understand the plant, IF i can produce a few g of dense buds with this led which will be hard but then i know im on the right track and that is when i will upgrade.

Hey thank you for your time.
The only reason im not buying a led light now is due to £££ and the unit i want is about £300-400. Aslong i can grow buds with this light then that enough for me to learn and understand the plant, IF i can produce a few g of dense buds with this led which will be hard but then i know im on the right track and that is when i will upgrade.

Hi CP -- That was my thinking, too, but before long I had so much time and effort invested that it didn't make sense to skimp on lighting. I was able to draft a desk lamp and a floor lamp to help out for the end of the grow. These days most people seem to have some spare LED and/or fluorescents around to help out. Not to rain on your parade, but you're not going to get anything like "dense buds" without bright light. Instead you will get lose, "larfy" buds and spindly plants. Just my .02...

I have to agree on the light. Lots of ways to free up a few dollars. Cheap pots is one. Mine are 1.99$ and I have used them for 4 grows now. Maybe drop to a 4" fan and filter. Not sure if you can get them or not. Your grow tent is small enough that a 6" fan is over kill. Especially if you plan to use LED or fluorescent lights. Light is the biggest key to any grow. There are some cheap options out there that will increase your lumens.

Thank you guys for your time and im happy to say everything is ordered and i also brought a p450 led .
I know the 6" extractor is a over kill but everything that has been ordered can b used in a bigger tent once im confident with what im doing.

Thank you both for your input and making my decisions easier

Hey mullenfarms,
I think with a setup im planning co2 would just be a waste of money imo.
Mayb if i was to setup a whole house then i would consider a co2 tank but for now ill work with what is coming in the next few days.

Hey mullenfarms,
I think with a setup im planning co2 would just be a waste of money imo.
Mayb if i was to setup a whole house then i would consider a co2 tank but for now ill work with what is coming in the next few days.
CO2 in the air is 400ppm which is plenty for them with your setup. If you decide to start growing with 5x5 space and 1000w lights then you might consider pumping the CO2 to 1500ppm. I was just pointing out that the first thing inn the photosynthesis equation is light. Don't ever skimp on light.

Thank you for the input and making it easier for me to understand im still learning so im taking it all in.
Ive got the p450 led on its way now so light is not a problem anymore(well i hope not)
Cant wait to get started!!

My guess was the high MSRP ($539, LMAO) Platinum Grow Lights (aka Platinum LED) 225-watt blurple. I'll not post a link, but if you do a web search for "P450 LED," that's what'll be most prevalent in the search results.

If that's the one, it will likely be problematic for the OP. If his "1 x 1 x 2" grow tent is a 1'x1' one, the light is way too powerful; on the other hand, if he meant a 1m x 1m x 2m one, the light is way too weak. Either way, it's way too blurple (IMHO).

I think he (OP) knows by now... This thread is Three years old...

...and hasn't even visited the forum in three years. Doggone it! I wondered if that account (post #14) was a spambot, but its first post in this thread didn't have any links in it. I never even bothered to look at the date of the post immediately prior to that one, which would have told me that it most likely was... Guess I'm getting old and slipping. There's a link in its second one, though. Fawk. Hoodwinked, eh? I just reported the thing.

Back
Top Bottom