Should I add another 300 W LED light?

Pinktiger777

I have a 2 X 2.5 X6 ft. gorilla tent, and am using a 300 W LED light with full spectrum. It seems I should add light, as things don't grow as fast as I want them to. If I added another 300 W light and daisy chained it, would this be too much? The grow is hydroponic, ebb and flow.

I keep light about 18 inches from my grow. Thanks to all who reply.

How fast do you want them to grow? I ask to better understand what your intentions are and help figure out how much you might need to reach your expectations.

I do not think so..I have 2 meizhi 450s in a 3x3x6 tent + a homemade thingy..Plants love it.
I think it is smart of you getting 2x300 instead of 1x600 . Much more versatile that way..
On one side of my grow...plants grow slower than on the other side..I can move each up/down and/or Right/left easily..
Results have been excellent..4 ladies in here taken last week, 3+ wks into flower.
5-10-17.jpg

Good looking grow! Yes, I think more light, double. That is what I'm hoping for. As for how fast I want them to grow, I'm not sure, but this is taking too long.

Thank you...Now Patience Grasshoper..speed is not as important as quality..RU using nutes? If so which.
How old now? Photo or Auto..?

These are AK 47, fem. Not auto. These were started from seed the first week in March. The first week in April, they were taken from veg to flower, which I think might have been too soon. Next time I will let them grow longer. By April 8, I had good buds. See pic:
DSCF13606.jpg
. May 10 the light issue was apparent, and now you know what I have, from the pictures earlier on this thread.

Photos make it so easy, since you can easily transplant..Enjoy and mind if I pull up a chair.?.Subbed
BTW: if I may ask..which 300 LED do you use..there so many out their..Hope its NOT Vivaspectre..One almost caught fire and melted all the wiring on a member's setup..Twas on another forum that I belong to! Still unsure if it was genuine or a knockoff..

These are AK 47, fem. Not auto. These were started from seed the first week in March. The first week in April, they were taken from veg to flower, which I think might have been too soon. Next time I will let them grow longer. By April 8, I had good buds. See pic:
DSCF13606.jpg
. May 10 the light issue was apparent, and now you know what I have, from the pictures earlier on this thread.
My lights are good - LOL. I'm using General Hydro, following instructions on the back and slightly underfeeding by a tsp. or so.

Your grow is looking great..Always wondered about the GH Nutes..Under feeding is a great idea..These companies make $$ by selling us more stuff and IMHO make their suggested feedings too high..I use Canna Nutes and also use less than recommended.No problems yet..
keep us posted as you go. I should be going to harvest in 4 wks or so..<fingers crossed>

I'm using a 300 watt galaxy hydro for 2 plants it seems pretty good. If I do more plants I'll add a second 300 with daisy chain to make sure. I even thought about doing a simulated time of day tilt to the second light. To give more light to the lower canopy. I'm a newbie though so taking things slow. Your plants look good

Galaxy is supposed to be one of the better ones...Should be just fine for 2 plants..For me..more light= more fruit..
:Namaste:

OK,I use the VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower - and I got a new one to add to the tent for the next grow. I'm really enjoying this - I like to garden anyway, and this is fun. My husband is terrified we will get caught. I'm not worried. I'm not selling or distributing, only growing for myself, stealthily, under the stairs. I had enough space under the stairs in our house, which has a walk-out basement, to put the tent facing the door. The exhaust goes through a six-inch pipe, with a VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal. Intake is also 6 inches, with a VenTech VT DF-6 DF6 Duct Fan, 240 CFM, 6". Inside, I have a Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan, 6-Inch, White.
Tent is a Gorilla Grow Tent LTGGT22 Tent, 2' x 2.5' x 5'7".

I purchased my equipment through Amazon, delivered to the house.
We found a couple of hydro grow shops in the area. But decided to buy online, as it was cheaper and probably safer.
I'm trying to root some clones, and it seems to be working; started collecting clones after the reveg.
When I look back at the timeline, it really hasn't taken that long. I'm just impatient.

I recently saw a member on another forum I belong to, have his VIPARSPECTRA 450 malfunction and almost cause a fire..Upon inspection he found the info on the label mispelled..VIPARSPECTRA blamed that on their Art Dept..doesn't speak highly of their QC!
Use caution:
Do a search on google for "VIPARSPECTRA fire" (I cannot provide the direct link ..got in a little trouble for that) It will pop up..a few below the Amazon links..! I did not like the reply he got from VIPARSPECTRA . See for your self! <GC Forum>

Amazon will probably fry them after their investigation..The Picture I saw of the burned wiring looked like POOR wiring..JMHO!

OK, I looked it up. I didn't see any real issues here - the lights are genuine from Amazon. I'm not going to pay three times as much for a US made light if this one will work.

I don't blame you..I am using Meizhi 450 reflectors x2...Paid $126each on Amazon..Separate veg and bloom switches + Daisy chain capability..They are pretty new in the game but I have not seen any negative reviews yet!
So Far I like them a lot..I do have an expensive American (Nextlight Mini) coming next week..I have a light addiction LOL
Good luck whatever decisions you make:)

With the Nextlight..24" will be the minimum..It does not throw much heat, but it will be interesting to see. I have the 2 Meizhi's about 12" away from the flower tops.There are fans blowing across the tops, Bottoms, and on the exhaust area of the Meizhi's. With a laser temperature gun..Plant tops are about 75F..
Thanx for the recommendation.
Meizhi sends this when you purchase one of their lights.

"Advised light above plants for seeding,growth and flowering time:
Germination-------------24-30 inches
Vegetable -- --------18-24 inches
Flower------12-18 inches

Advised Lighting Time:
Vegetative Stage: 18-20 hours on,4-6hours off; Flowering Stage: 12 hours on,12hours off. Veg: 18/6 or 20/4; Flower: 12/12

our new series lights have both growth and bloom switches.
On growth stage, keep the growth switch on.
On flowering stage, keep both veg & bloom switches on.

Advised Growing Conditions:
Temperature, humidity and airflow will directly influence the rate of photosynthesis and transpiration. Although the environment for plants growing is limited, growing conditions means a lot. It shows that the perfect temperature and humidity for your plants are found between 75°-85°F and 50% - 70% humidity, with plenty of airflow to replenish CO2.

The information above are just collected according to the data which given by customers actually planting.

Notice:
1. Keep suitable distance between light and top of plants based on your real planting condition. If too close, might burn plant leaf out.
2. Please keep the light working under regulated and stable voltage
3. The light is not water-proof
4. Please move out the light when use Sulfur
5. Please turn off the light when the fan stop working"

I should be getting the Nextlight Mini on Wednesday..Will post pics and an initial review after I set it up..I am like a little kid with toys..
I felt the same way last February, when I began my brand new growing setup stuff:)

Photos make it so easy, since you can easily transplant..Enjoy and mind if I pull up a chair.?.Subbed
BTW: if I may ask..which 300 LED do you use..there so many out their..Hope its NOT Vivaspectre..One almost caught fire and melted all the wiring on a member's setup..Twas on another forum that I belong to! Still unsure if it was genuine or a knockoff..

He probably daisy chained too much through it-.-

My sentiments exactly. I have my two daisy chained but would not put more on that circuit.

Back
Top Bottom